Remember the saying, ‘We need to disagree to agree’? I’m sure it’s not always the case for every friendship, but what happens when you’re at loggerheads with that adorable friend of yours, knowing fully well you caused the breach? Will you give up on the friendship built and memories shared or try to make amends to bring the friendship alive again?
Quarrels and fights bring isolation, dissatisfaction and unhappiness. so, the sooner you reconnect with your friend, the happier you’ll become. It’s not that hard to apologize. In fact, some school of thought propounds that one who says ‘sorry’ first is more mature. You don’t have to agree, but for the sake of peace and sanity, it’s expedient to apologize for your wrong deeds.
Friends, I mean true friends are irreplaceable, no matter how hard you try. Even the holy book says there’s a friend that sticks closer than a brother. If you’ve got that kind of friendship, why lose it over a minor misunderstanding.
I’ve carefully compiled these touching apology letters to a friend you hurt for you to ask for forgiveness and seek reconciliation. You can copy as many as possible and send to your friend ASAP.
Get inspired and strengthened as you read.
I’m Sorry Letters to a Friend You’ve Hurt
Make that friend of yours know how much you regret hurting him/her by sending him/her these I’m sorry letters to a friend you’ve hurt. Rekindle the flames of your friendship before it dies totally.
1. I know I messed up bad
I don’t need a soothsayer to know that you’re really mad at me. I know I messed up pretty bad and that I should never have said those words to you. I’m sorry but I acted out of anger.
I should have come to you to confirm the accusations I was hearing and I know I’m a fool to have believed it all. Please, forgive my stupidity and accept me back. Your friendship means a lot to me and I’m not ready to continue life without you by my side.
2. Forgive me
I know I don’t deserve you. Yes, I don’t but you’ve been very accommodative, selfless and tolerant. Please, forgive me for the numerous pain I’ve caused you, the hurtful words I said and the terrible things I did to you. I need you back in my life and I promise to make amends.
No more lies, betrayal or any form of childishness. I promise to make this friendship worth the while.
Please, find a place in your heart to forgive me.
3. I Miss You, my dear friend
I’ve always heard people say, ‘You don’t know what you have until you lose it’, I never realized how apt that saying was until we had that fight. I miss you dearly and I blame myself for causing you so much pain. I’ve rehearsed these lines several times because I don’t know how best to express my deep feelings to you. What can I do to take things how they used to be and make you smile again?
Please, respond with your next letter to me. I hope you find a place in your heart to let this pain go away because I miss you and need you back in my life as nothing seems the same without you.
4. Let’s start all over again
Since our last argument, I have been a shadow of myself, I can barely concentrate on anything again. All I see is a piece of you around me. I know I treated you terribly and I feel bad about that. I’ve replayed the conversations In my head and each time, I wish I had not uttered those words I said.
Please, understand that I meant none of them, it was all in a bid to hurt you but here I am in unbearable pain too. Please come back to my life so we can continue this journey of life together because I’m going nowhere without you, my dear friend.
5. I need you back in my life
Spending these days without you is nothing but a worse nightmare. I know I’m nothing but a big fat liar and jerk. I’m deeply sorry for causing you pain and lying severally to you. Kindly forgive me and accept me back into your life.
From now henceforth, I promise to say nothing but the truth and treat you with pure love that you deserve. Looking forward to a lifetime of friendship that we can pass on to our kids yet unborn.
6. Can we get back together?
Remember the good memories we share, the laughs, the pains, those times we cried and suffered together. We can’t give up on that now, no, our friendship is worth more than that.
Please find it in your heart to forgive me. I love you, Chris.
Yours Truly, (insert sad face smiley)
7. I’m deeply sorry!
Now, I can see clearly and interpret my actions. I am a fool to start this quarrel with you because you’re nothing but the most real and the most sincere person in my life. No one does the things you do. Is it the way you care, give or shower me with peace?
I regret causing you so much hurt and pain. Please pick up the phone so I can at least hear your voice and apologize physically.
8. Accept my genuine apologies
I can’t begin to imagine the hurt and pain I caused you. I took you for granted and you have every right to be mad at me. I wish I could take back the words I said as well as the pain I caused. Pardon my foolishness and please find a place your heart to forgive me.
You’ve been my source of hope and inspiration and these past few days have been gloomy without you in it. I need you back in my life.
9. I love you dearly
Looking back at the awesome memories we shared and how much bliss you’ve brought to my life, I realize that nothing else matters anymore. I deeply regret bringing you so much pain and hurt and I wish I could take back the hands of time so I’ll make amends.
I also want to remind you that you have the most beautiful heart I’ve ever seen and I hope you have a place to forgive me for all my wrongdoings. I love you, dear.
10. Accept me back
My heart is heavy with pain and regret as I write this letter to you. I wish I had genuinely told you how much you meant to me, instead of ranting in anger over unnecessary issues. My eyes and emotions were clouded by their lies, but I see clearly now.
Kindly forgive me and accept back into your life. Let’s rekindle the flames of our friendship once again.
11. A new beginning
Please pardon my wrongdoings and let us walk a new path of sincerity and truth. I lied to you severally and I’m ready to make amends.
From now henceforth, I promise to be loyal and sincere with my feelings. I’m done hurting you because now, I realize only you matter. You have been so selfless and I have taken you for granted over the years.
Like married couples, I pledge to be faithful to our friendship and only death will be able to do us part.
12. Can I have a second chance?
Up until now, I’ve always wondered why you loved me this much. Realizing how much you’ve sacrificed for our friendship, it’s obvious I have been nothing but an ingrate. Now, I dread my actions and I wish I could turn back the hands of time to make things better again.
I hope you find a place in your heart to accept my sincere apologies. I promise to make this second chance worth the while, my dear friend.
13. Please forgive me
I can’t continue to bear this pain I caused you without asking for your forgiveness and a chance to make amends for my wrongdoings. I see you in my dreams when I wake up and through all of my day’s activity. There was never anything I did without your awesome presence. I hope you do find a place to forgive me in that large heart of yours.
I promise to bring joy and happiness to your life and make you the fancy of many. Most importantly, I miss you.
14. I need you back
I will be deceiving myself if I continue to act in denial and pretend like I’m not missing you. Everything including nature and the chirping of birds has begun to sound like you. I sleep and whisper your name in my dream. It’s no news that we ended things badly, but I will love us to reconcile. I don’t want to keep thinking about you miles away, I need you here beside me. Kindly let go of every hurt, pain and grief I’ve caused you.
15. My best wishes
I hope that every day brings joy and happiness to all your endeavours. I realize I’ve caused you so much pain, hurt and embarrassment and I sincerely apologize for my foolish actions.
I regret throwing you under the bus and acting irrationally. You mean the most to me and these days of loneliness and sadness has proven that I can’t continue living with this huge guilt I feel. Please forgive me.
I trashed your worth and esteem, both of which I cannot ever restore not in a thousand lives. I am sorry.
16. I am sorry
My heart is heavy as I write this letter to you. We’ve been through the darkest moment of life together and I can’t just believe I betrayed your trust like that. I behaved like a fool and I’m sincerely sorry. Wish I can go back in time to retrace my words and actions.
I can’t begin to imagine the hurt and humiliation I caused you because if my selfish interests. It even hurts me more to know that you’re going through all these because of me.
I promise to stand by you and make you love me again, my best friend.
17. I was wrong
You have always brought so much joy, bliss and hope to my life ever since we met. There’s no doubt you’ve been so loyal to this friendship. I was wrong to say those words to you, I was wrong to yell at you and humiliate you in front of everyone.
If it takes me to go back in front of everyone to make my amends, I would gladly do. All I want is you back in my life. Let’s go back to the way things used to be. Please forgive me.
18. How can I make things right?
Remember how we became the perfect description of “BFF” right from high school, how we were the envy of our mutual friends and classmates? I was so glad I was associated with you as everyone wanted to be your friend. I am sincerely sorry for my irrational behaviour and I’ll like to know how I can make things right.
If you need me to text everyone that was at the scene of the incident that day, telling them how much I love you, I will gladly do. If you need me to make an advertisement on a billboard apologizing for my errors, it will be my greatest pleasure. I’m ready to tell the whole world how much you mean to me. Kindly forgive me, Ella.
19. Will you forgive me?
It was after I said those deep piercing words, I realized how much I had overreacted. I know you did what you did because you care about me and I’m sorry I betrayed your trust. I wish I could take back the hands of time to make amends and as I cannot, I’m willing to go any length to prove how sorry I am.
Please forgive me and let’s go back to being Best Friends Forever. *insert heart smiley*
20. I love you
I wish we could go back to the way things were. How you whisper in my ears and repeat one of the boring jokes you’ve recounted several times and how I laugh hard like I’m just hearing it for the first time. How we would gist endlessly into the night and roll up in bed together.
I know I betrayed your trust and I sincerely apologize. I just want you to know that I love you dearly and I have never stopped. Nothing and no one else will come between the beautiful memories we share and those we’ll make together. I love you bestie.
21. I am sorry for making you cry and causing you untold pain. I promise to be by your side, never letting you as I hope you’ll forgive me and accept me back like a lost sheep. I love you and I can never stop.
22. Ever since we parted ways, my nights have been sad and filled with nightmares. I wake up with migraines and I know it’s because I betrayed our friendship. I am ready to bear the consequences of my actions and make amends, but I am not ready to lose you as a friend.
Feel free to punish me any way you deem fit but please, don’t ignore me. I am deeply sorry dear.
23. Only if I had been patient just for a minute second, I would have known that you truly did care about me. I’m sorry for doubting your love and listening to the lies of people. Please accept me back into your life and let’s become the envy of our haters. I miss you much.
24. Please forgive me for lying to your face countless times. I thought I was doing it to protect you but now I know better. I regret my every action and I promise to always be truthful and sincere with you no matter the situation. I am sorry dear.
25. I write this letter to you with a heavy heart filled with shame and regret. I know I messed up real bad and I’m finding it difficult to accept myself back. I broke the bond we built since our childhood and I’m deeply sorry. I can’t begin to recount how much I’ve replayed the incident in my head, hoping to turn back the hands of time. Can you please accept me back?
26. There’s no doubt that you complete my life and give me the inspiration I need for each day. Ever since our clash, nothing seems to be the same again. My life seems bleak and I am constantly struggling with ideas and decision making. I need you back in my life. Please forgive me, my BFF!
27. It hit me hard when I realized how much you’ve sacrificed for this friendship. The sacrifice of time, memories, actions and words I took for granted and betrayed your love. I am sincerely sorry. Please pick up my calls.
28. I decided to drive miles to apologize physically and I’m not going anywhere until you forgive me and hug me tight like you always love to. I am in the garage, please open up so we can talk better. I am sorry.
29. I am done deceiving myself and acting like I don’t need you. The truth is I can’t live life without you by my side. I love you dearly and these past few days have proved it. Please forgive me for acting like a fool. I miss you.
30. Without you by my side, the days are gloomy and the nights lonely. Everything around me reminds me and reconnects you to me. How can I continue life without my BFF? I need you back dear, I am sorry.
31. I would be a liar and a deceiver if I said I didn’t miss you. I’m trying of pretending like I can do it all without you because the truth is my life would be a mess if I don’t make amends with you. You make my life beautiful and I’m done fighting with you. Please forgive me.
32. It seemed like my life was on a stand-still when we parted ways and said our goodbyes with uncontrollably tears streaming down our eyes. My mind keeps reminiscing on that dreadful stare you gave me when you realized I had betrayed your truth. My life has not been the same since that day. Please pardon and forgive me. I need you now more than ever before.
33. More than ever, I need you back in my life. My life is a broken piece that needs to be mended back by your friendship. You bring out the best in me and I can’t begin to wonder what life will be without you. I take responsibility for my actions, please forgive me.
34. I’m tired of carrying the pain and guilt of betrayal and I write this to express my sincere apologies. All I seek is your forgiveness, I will quite understand if you want to keep your distance for a while. I will respect whatever decision you make but once again, please forgive me.
35. Without you by my side, life seems boring and gloomy. The days lose their flavour and everything just seems still. I’m willing to do anything to make our friendship alive again. Please forgive me.
36. I apologize for betraying your trust in me. I was so naive to have believed all the lies and allegations against you. I’m sorry for not fighting for our friendship and leaving you hopeless at those times.
37. Please forgive me. I’m willing to make amends for my wrongdoings and rebuild the trust you had in me. I love you dearly.
38. Looking back at the years we spent together, there’s no doubt you’ve put me first in everything. You’ve been so selfless and humane through the years and you give me hope in my darkest moment. I can’t bear a day without you. I’m sorry for hurting your feelings.
39. When I look back at my life, I see you in every phase, every picture, every second. I’m not ready to let go of these beautiful memories we share and built together. I know I messed up so bad and I’m sorry. Please forgive me.
40. I should have known better than believe the lies of those who envied us. I should have seen the bigger picture and stood by your side whilst they framed you. I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you, but now, I am ready to fight for our friendship and build more awesome experiences with you.
41. More than anything, I want to hold you close to me and hug you tight. I miss you bestie. Please forgive me.
42. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Your calmness and reassuring words have seen me through difficult times. If I was told to count my blessings, I’ll count you over and over and over again. I’m sorry for hurting you.
43. Since we quarrelled, nothing has been the same again. All I do is to wonder how miserable my life will continue to be without you in it. I acknowledge that I have wronged you in every way possible and I’m deeply sorry. Please accept my apologies.
44. I know I have been nothing but a selfish and annoying pain in the ass, but I can’t continue without you in my life. I know I messed up pretty bad, and I’m terribly sorry.
45. I know everything you’ve done for me has been from a place of protection and love, but I just couldn’t see it on time. You’re the most selfless and caring person I have ever met. Forgive me for taking you for granted.
46. I wish I could show you how I feel about you. Hurting you was never intentional. For what it’s worth, I thought to lie to you was the actual protection you needed. I promise to be honest and sincere with you from now henceforth. Pardon me, my bestie.
47. There’s one thing I remain grateful for and that is having such a dear and loyal friend like you in my life. With these few days, I have realized that indeed my life revolves around you and no one else, I mean no one can take your place. You are irreplaceable, please forgive me.
48. I know I am a terrible person known for causing pain and screwing up the best times. I am deeply sorry for saying those words to you. I know you deserve a friend better than myself, but I’m willing to make amends to be that friend you deserve. I am sorry for being a jerk.
49. I sometimes wonder if you’re human because your kind is so rare. You have the kindest heart and the calmest voice I have ever known. I cherish the memories we shared and I’ll like to make more beautiful ones through high school, college, career and till we get married. I’d love our children to be connected and knitted together just like us. We can’t accomplish this if we keep fighting. Please forgive me.
50. I’ve been staring at our pictures for hours and all I can think of is how selfish and disgruntled I have been. I always blamed you for every wrong thing that happened, but now I realize I’ve been the cause of them all. I take full responsibility for my actions and foolishness. I am sorry Tracy.
51. Your kind heart and humility have made me recognize my wrongdoings. I took our friendship for granted and I sincerely apologize. How can I make it up to you?
52. I understand that we haven’t spoken in a very long time, but I promise you things are about to change. I am ready to be a better person and fight for our friendship. No one else matters to me than you do. I am sorry for screwing up. I need you back, bestie.
53. I was confused and vulnerable when I said I hated you. Honestly, I was blabbing and I do not mean those words. How can I continue living when the main source of my strength, joy and livelihood is gone? You bring me so much peace and joy and I can’t continue life without you. Please forgive me.
54. Your love is nothing compared to the lies others claim to have for me. I am sorry for neglecting you when you needed me the most. Please forgive me for my foolishness. Can we meet and talk things over?
55. I regret my words and actions. Every night, I lay in bed crying and hoping I can take back the terrible words I said. I see you everywhere and I can’t continue like this. I am sincerely sorry, find a place in your heart to forgive me.
56. I know I did wrong. My heart tells me that I hurt you deeply. I apologize. Please forgive me, dear.
57. When I look back at my life, there’s one thing that remains true and that is your unconditional love for me. It’s real and indeed rare. I can’t keep taking that for granted. I am sorry.
58. I can’t begin to fathom why you love me or why you’ll put me first in every situation. All this just begins to prove your love for me. I am sorry for taking that love for granted. Please forgive me.
59. For every ill-meaning word I have said to you, I am ready to bear the consequences. One thing I don’t ever want to do is to lose you as a dear friend in my life. Can we go back to the way things were, please? I am sorry.
60. My mum asked about you and the only way I could respond was by crying. I know I’ve been so stubborn but I can’t bear it anymore. I miss you, dear. Please, forgive me.
61. I wish I could take back the hands of time so I could make amends for all my wrongdoings. I’m sorry for betraying your trust in me.
62. When I look into your eyes, I see nothing but kindness, love and sincerity. How stupid I was to have taken that for granted. Please forgive me.
63. The smell of you fills everywhere in my house. After we argued and cried, I ran home to find solace and I could smell you around. It just begins to prove that I can’t go this journey of life without you. I’m sorry bestie.
64. Love means different things to different people. For me, it’s showing that I care no matter how angry I am. I know I’ve disappointed you countlessly, but I love you. Please forgive me, dear.
65. Some friends come into your life and carefully take away the treasures and material things they can grasp. You’ve shown and proven yourself to be a true friend over the years. I’m sorry for hurting you.
66. Even the scriptures say that a good friend sticks closer than a brother. You’ve stuck with me through good, bad and ugly days. I’m all that I am because I have a best friend like you. We can’t stop now, please forgive me.
67. As long as I am living, I promise to cherish and love you unconditionally like you have always shown love to me. These past few days of silence has reminded me that only you got my back. I’m ready to stand by you, please pick my calls. I’m deeply sorry.
68. You’ve given me so much joy that I can’t hold back. I know I said some things I’m not proud of and I sincerely apologize. How can I make things right?
69. I can’t bear lying to your face any more. I thought I was protecting you by bidding the truth from you. I should have been more honest with you and I’m sorry. I make a vow to be truthful to you always notwithstanding the consequences. Please, pardon me, bestie.
70. I’m not done with you. I know our friendship will blossom through the years even as we get married and build our families. The love we share will transcend to our husbands and unborn children. We can’t make this dream a reality if we don’t settle. Please, text me back.
71. I know I was too harsh and selfish, and I know you didn’t deserve the ill-treatments I gave you. I am haunted every day by my mistakes and I wish I could do things differently for once. Please give me the chance to prove my loyalty again.
72. I can’t begin to imagine how terrible you might be feeling right now. I must confess that it ain’t easy for me as well. I just lay in bed, crying and remembering the good memories we share together. I’m ready to make things right. I am sorry.
73. I know I’m been selfish and nothing but a cheat and an opportunist, but I must say that through your kindness, you’ve made me a better person. I know I betrayed your trust countless times but I’m ready to prove my loyalty this time. Please accept my sincere apologies.
74. My life has not been the same since we said our goodbyes. I see you in my dreams, laughing and reaching out to me. I’m sorry for taking your love for granted. Please forgive me.
75. I know I broke your heart so many times and lied to your face with no remorse. I’m willing to make amends, please show me how to make it up.
76. I’m tired of being alone and this strain between us has to stop. All my life I’ve spent with you and I’m not giving up on us. I know you won’t pick my calls or see me but I’m sincerely sorry. Please forgive me.
77. I know you’ve been avoiding me for weeks now but I’m not going to give up. You know how stubborn I can be. You mean the most to me and I know I messed up our friendship. Please forgive me.
78. If true peace is what you need, you can’t find it all by yourself by shutting me out. I take full responsibility for my actions and I sincerely apologize. I know it’s difficult to let go but please, for old time sake, forgive me.
79. When you need a shoulder, I want to be that shoulder. When you need someone to talk to, I want to be by your side. I am willing to reciprocate all the love and care you’ve showered on me. I’m sorry for hurting you. It was not intentional.
80. You really do not know how much you mean to me. These days without you has shown that I can’t enjoy life without you in it. I wish I could go back in time to right my wrongs. Please forgive me.
81. I promise to love and support you through the good, bad and ugly days. I want to be there when you’re happy and sad, walk with you through it all. Please give me one more chance to prove myself. You still remain my best friend and I love you forever.
82. I hope you can forgive me and let go of the pain and hurt I caused you. I’m sincerely sorry and I want you to know that I still love you dearly. I’ve never stopped and I never will.
83. I know sometimes I act like I’ve lost my mind but you still believe in me. I did wrong and I apologise for betraying your trust in me. Please forgive me.
84. Our friendship has grown strong ever since our pre-school days. You mean so much to me and I’m sorry for taking you for granted and acting like you were a pest. I know better now and I’m deeply sorry. Can we go back to how we used to be?
85. I feel like a fool as I write this message to you but u have to do it to gain back my sanity. I hope you find a place to forgive me in that gentle heart of yours. I regret my actions deeply and I wish I can turn back the hands of time to make amends.
86. I’m writing this to tell you that I miss you deeply. I know you’ve refused to see me or pick my calls, but I won’t relent until you forgive me. Please pick up your calls. I’m sorry.
87. When I look into your eyes, I see the purest of hearts. Your kind is rare and I feel like a fool for taking you for granted. Please forgive me for being a jerk. I’m not giving up on our friendship.
88. I’m willing to fight for this friendship until my death. Your friendship is one thing I’ve always been grateful for. To be honest, I feel honoured to be associated with you. I’m sorry for lying to you. Please forgive me.
89. I’m never giving up on us. If you won’t pick my calls, I understand, but I’ll keep trying daily hopefully, you’ll wake up to see me differently and know that I am deeply sorry and that I love you dearly.
90. From the moment we parted ways, it seemed like a part of me left me. I’ve known you since I was a kid and no day has gone without us hanging out. Nothing feels the same without you. Please forgive me.
91. I know it took me this long to say I’m sorry, but I’ve decided to let go of my pride and shame. I hope that you’ll find a place in your kind heart to forgive me. I miss you.
92. You don’t know how much you mean to me. Since we quarrelled, everything seems gloomy. I hate myself for betraying you and I’m sincerely sorry. Please forgive me.
93. I made a very big mistake and I’m sincerely sorry. I should never have lied to you. I promise to be truthful to you going forward. Kindly forgive me and let go of the pain I caused you.
94. You’ve been nothing but a good friend, putting my needs over yours every time. I’m sorry for being selfish and stubborn. I’m willing to change, please forgive me.
95. I wish I was more sincere with how I felt. Only now, do I believe the phrase that, “You don’t know what you have until you lose it”. I know I took you for granted these past years. I’m willing to be a better person. I don’t wanna lose you bestie.
96. Just like that, I felt a surge of loneliness as you left me. I know I deserve even worse treatment for all that I did, but please forgive me. I’m deeply sorry and I need you back in my life.
97. Looking back at the past, I wonder how you were able to put up with my selfish self. I know I don’t deserve your love, but if you didn’t give up on me when I was my worse, please don’t give up on me now. I need you and I’m sincerely sorry. I promise to do better.
98. I am sorry for betraying your truth and lying to you repeatedly. Please forgive me.
99. No one deserves to be treated the way I treated you. I feel ashamed writing this to you but I know it’ll make me feel better knowing that I’ve realized my wrongdoings. Please forgive me, I’m willing to be a better friend and to show you off to the world.
100. Nothing else will gladden my heart than you replying this message. I tried to reach out to you severally all to no avail. I came to your house but even your mum wouldn’t let me see you. I’m sorry for causing you so much hurt and pain. Please, forgive me.
There you go! With these touching apology letters to a friend you hurt, you can be rest assured that you’re on the right path to restoring that broken relationship. Don’t give up on your friendship. Copy as many as possible and send to your friend. Do well to personalise the messages too.
I hope you reconcile with your friends almost immediately. You can drop a comment and share your experience on how you were able to restore your friendship. Cheers!