The day is gone, but that’s not enough reason to let it go just like that because it can be very painful when a loved one fails to show up at your birthday, whether he pre-informs you or not.
Warm your way back into their heart or let them know how bad you feel for missing their big day with a beautiful apology message.
These over 100 I am sorry I missed your birthday quotes and messages will definitely give you the best you need to say the three magic words, “I AM SORRY”.
Sorry for Late Birthday Wishes
“Sorry, I’m extra late to the party! I came with wishes — more successes, much joy, and many reasons to smile and be proud — all for you. I also came with a reminder that I’m proud of you. Happy birthday to you, my lovely friend.”
1. Hey chum, it’s amazing to have someone like you in my life. You are such a blessing and there are also many things you are not. You’re not forgetful like me. I’m sorry I missed your birthday.
2. Hey, paddy… It’s passed already but I wish you every good thing… I wish you blessings upon blessings… Let bad things like me forgetting your birthday stay far… I’m sorry I forgot.
3. I know this is coming late but all the wishes are from my heart and I am so inexcusable. Please forgive me. I wish you long life and prosperity, keep going higher.
4. Hey, FAM. I don’t know how to begin to apologize. I’m really sorry for missing your birthday. You’re always in my heart and that’s something time or date has nothing on.
5. Hey you. I’m sorry I missed your birthday, please forgive me. If you truly forgive, then don’t regard this as a late message but as an early one for next year. I wish you all things beautiful.
6. You’ve been blessed with so many things in this season of your life but unfortunately, my birthday message didn’t make the list. I’m sorry, please forgive me.
7. Hey, paddy. I’m sorry I forgot and missed your birthday, but you know mine is just around the corner and payback is sweet, if that makes you feel any better. Please forgive me.
8. Hey dearie. How do I even say I’m sorry? I was caught up in the reality that you’re forever young and I missed your birthday. Please forgive me, dear.
9. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. A thousand apologies still would not do but please forgive me. I pray our innermost desires come to pass as long as it doesn’t involve you killing me.
10. An amazing person like you should be celebrated all year round and not just on a particular day. With plenty love from my heart, I say Happy birthday. I’m sorry I missed it.
11. Honey, I was nowhere to be found on your birthday. Some very critical issues came up, and I couldn’t just attend to them. Please, forgive me, dear. I promise to make amends subsequently.
12. Happy birthday in arrears. I need a kick in the head for not making it for your birthday, I know. I am really sorry that happened, and I am ready to do whatever it takes to make it right with you. Please, heed me this, dear.
13. Happy birthday, dear. I know it is coming late and all, but please forgive me. I am really sorry for not coming through on the D-Day when it mattered most. I will come over to show you how sorry I am.
14. Hello, darling. I am sorry I didn’t come around for the birthday celebration. I think I will just do another party for you myself just to say sorry. I really hope you will pardon me this once, dear…I really hope you can.
15. I am terribly sorry for not making it to the get-together at your place…I truly am sorry, dear. I want to let you know that I had you in mind the whole day even though I wasn’t around to say it. I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me.
16. Dearest friend, I won’t make excuses…I disappointed you by not being around for your birthday, and I wish you can forgive me so I can make it up to you. I want to make it up to you…please, let me.
17. Darling, please release me from your heart for how much I hurt you by not showing up for your birthday. I really wanted to be around, but time and situations held me back. I am really sorry, dear.
18. Dear, how many “sorrys” will I say so it will be accepted by you? I will say all of them so you can truly forgive me for not making it for your birthday. Please, honey, forgive me for I really am sorry.
19. I am really sorry for what I did, dear. Not showing up for your birthday is a criminal offence punishable by nature. You can punish me, but please just find it in your heart to forgive me.
20. I don’t think I have been able to sleep at night since the day I missed your birthday. Please, forgive me, dear…forgive me so I don’t die from the guilt of the hurt I am sure you felt at my absence. I will never be absent like that next time.
Sorry for Late Birthday Wishes to Best Friend
“If you’re not someone I can brag about, I don’t know what you are. Do you know that good health and prosperity are among my wishes for you? Now you know. For being responsible for these words getting to you late, I’m sorry. Happy birthday to you, my best friend.”
21. Dear, I am so sorry I missed your birthday which was the other day. Believe me, it wasn’t intentional. I had to do some extra work on that day, and I wasn’t done on time. I am so sorry.
22. Missing your birthday is something I could never think of, but due to the nature of things on that day, I wasn’t able to make it to the celebration. I am really sorry. I hope you understand.
23. Every year, your birthday is something I always look forward to, but this year things took a different turn. It was unintentional and, believe me, I am really sorry. Please, forgive me.
24. I am not sure I will be able to get over the fact that I missed your birthday. I was too occupied that day and barely had time to text or call anyone. I have to apologize, I am sorry.
25. I am really sorry; I don’t know how else to say it that I will feel okay with myself. A lot of things happened that I had to take care of. Once again, I’m sorry I missed your birthday.
26. I am sorry I missed your birthday. I was all set for the celebration, but along the way, something very important that I had to attend to came up, so I couldn’t make it. I am sorry once again.
27. I really wish I could see you in person to tell you how sorry I am for missing your birthday, I regret that myself but I wasn’t in the position to make any decision that day. I am sorry.
28. I am not even happy with myself for missing out on such fun, but there was nothing I could do. I had to sort some things out and that took a lot of my time. I am really sorry.
29. I am really sorry I missed your birthday. I had to work till it was late and I couldn’t make it to the celebration. I will try my best to make it up to you.
30. You of all people should know that if I had the power to choose my availability on that day, I would be there for the celebration, but I am really sorry I missed your birthday. Please forgive me.
31. It really looks like my luck was really bad for me to miss the day I have been looking forward to for a long time. I wanted to be there for your birthday but I couldn’t. Please, forgive me.
32. I know the greatest feeling in the world is having the people you love by your side on occasions like your birthday, but I am really sorry I couldn’t make it.
33. I have always been there for you on most of the days you needed me and you know I will always be there, but I am sorry that I missed your birthday. Please, forgive me.
34. I don’t know how I can ever make you forgive me. It wasn’t my doing that I could not make it for your birthday. I was stuck in traffic and I could not come. I’m sorry.
35. I know that you are really upset that I missed your birthday and you have every right to be. I really hope I can make it up to you. I am sorry and it’s true.
36. I know no explanation is good enough for missing your birthday, but what I want you to know is that it wasn’t my fault. I am sorry. Please, forgive me.
37. Things do not always turn out the way we plan, and your birthday was on one of those days that stuff happened the left way for me. I am really sorry I couldn’t make it and spoil you the way I always do. Forgive me, dear.
38. I am sure you are really hurt that I couldn’t make it for your birthday, but my flight was delayed and I could not come. Please forgive me. I am truly sorry.
39. I don’t want to think about the fact that I missed your birthday, and you know its something I have never done. This happened because I happened to be too busy. I am really sorry.
40. I am really sorry. Your birthday was great, I am sure of that, and I’m sorry but I couldn’t make it. I promise to make things so sweet for you that you’ll forget about my absence that day. Please, forgive me.
Sorry I Forgot Your Birthday Messages
“When we talk of sweet friends, your name should be mentioned. Usually, you’ll see my message when you see other messages, and I am very sorry it’s coming this late. I forgot your birthday, but I never forgot that your presence is good for me. Happy birthday!”
41. I know it hurts that I missed your birthday but believe me, I share this hurt too. Please, I’m sorry that I missed your birthday.
42. Dear one, my absence at your birthday never meant negligence. I was held back by things I could not control. Please forgive me for missing your birthday.
43. Though absent on your birthday, my mind never stopped thinking about it. I would have made it if I had my way — well, we’re still on earth — but I only didn’t because I couldn’t. I’m really sorry that I missed your birthday.
44. I meant to be at your birthday, so I made plans towards it. It’s painful now that I couldn’t make it after all. Please, forgive me for missing your birthday. My apologies are sincere.
45. I’m sorry I missed your birthday. I made effort to come but still was unable to be there on your special day. Please, pardon me for this. Mark my words that I will do something big to seal my apology.
46. I know how much joy my presence would have brought and I’m terribly sorry that I couldn’t actualize this joy. I hope that I still get the chance to bring you this joy some other time.
47. I was supposed to be present as you marked the beginning of a new calendar year. But I was restrained and I could not help it. Please, dear, pardon my inability to be at your birthday.
48. Your birthday meant as much to you as it did to me… And though I couldn’t come, my mind was filled with thoughts about your special day, wishing there was something I could do. I really am sorry that I missed it. Please, pardon me.
49. Missing your birthday was a great pain in my heart… I sorely seek that you pardon my inability to witness your birthday with you, my dear.
50. I longed to be a part of your birthday, but I was held back by a couple of things. You are dear to me, regardless, and I am deeply sorry that I missed your birthday.
51. Hello, baby. Please, you must forgive me for not making it to your birthday. I am so sorry, darling; it was for reasons I couldn’t control. I hope I am forgiven.
52. Darling, do not be annoyed with me. I know I have hurt you by not being there to support you on your birthday. I will not like to give excuses, so let me just say “I am sorry”. Please forgive me.
53. I was absent on your birthday, and I am deeply sorry. I would be irresponsible to blame it on this or that, so let me just hope you find it in your heart to forgive me because I am deeply sorry. I love you, dear.
54. I deserve to be beaten on the head and whacked on the bum for missing your birthday, I know. But please forgive me, dear. It really was not intentional, and I promise to make it up to you soon.
55. Dearest friend, I know I sound like a traitor right now, as I missed your birthday. I am deeply sorry, dear; I ask for your forgiveness from the bottom of my heart. Please let me make up for my absence…allow me to.
56. My heart is hurt even as I write this because I know the gravity of what I have done. I am deeply sorry for missing your birthday, dear… really, I am. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me, love.
57. Angel of my life, I am really sorry I missed your birthday. I can do penance in any way you want me to. Name your terms and then forgive me. I will do absolutely anything to be in your good books again, dear.
58. Honey, I am already slapping myself while writing this, for my forgetfulness. I am really sorry I missed your birthday. I could blame it on the stress and all, but that would just be cowardly. I really am sorry, dear.
59. Honey, I am really sorry for being such a chicken and missing your birthday. In fact, you can slaughter me for Christmas even so that things can be right between us again. I really am remorseful about this, dear.
60. My dear, I think you have to flog me for not remembering your birthday till it was over. I deserve to be flogged by you, truly. I ask that you forgive me, even if it means doing the craziest thing as penance.
Funny Sorry I Missed Your Birthday Quotes
“You won’t believe it, but I missed your birthday because I was trying to make the sun cooler, so you won’t have sweety guests at your party. Funny, but true. I’m still sorry I missed it, though. Happy birthday, boy!”
61. Forgive my absence. If I am ever absent again without a good reason, I permit you to deal with me as you see fit. I’m sorry I missed your birthday.
62. Happy birthday in arrears. And with that wish comes an apology for my missing your birthday. I mean, I couldn’t even send a wish. Too bad. I’m sorry.
63. I would not have missed your birthday if there was a 10% chance that I could be there. I’m sorry I missed it. I know you’ll forgive me. I just will not miss it again.
64. No need to tell you stories upon stories today. Thing is I missed it and I’m sorry. You’ll forgive me, right? Happy birthday in arrears.
65. If I don’t attend your birthday, who will? Yesterday was just not it and I really could not be there. I’m sorry, baby. Please, have mercy on a fine boy.
66. Tell me just one thing to do so you’ll forgive me and I’ll Somersault away to go do it. I’m stupid sorry that I missed your birthday. Happy birthday in arrears.
67. If I start explaining why I missed your birthday, we’ll sleep here. I’ll sleep on my phone typing. You’ll sleep on your phone reading. I’m sorry I missed your birthday.
68. There are a lot of reasons why I missed your birthday. So…Erm…I’ll just let plenty explanations explain themselves to themselves. Sorry that I missed your birthday.
69. The focus of this text is on the apology and not the explanation of why I missed your birthday. I’m sorry. I’ll explain when we meet. I love you.
70. Sorry I missed your birthday, babe. I feel like I just committed murder. I’m sure I’ll be fine when I know you’ve forgiven me. Happy birthday in arrears.
71. I felt so bad I missed your birthday that I almost did a couple of bad things. But I decided to not do that; I rather apologize. I hope you forgive me.
72. Every day brings us new things we need. One day, I’ll be so comfortable or free that it will be impossible to unwillingly miss your birthday. Sorry I missed your birthday.
73. Yesterday felt like a dark one to me. I should never miss your birthday again. My hearts filled with sadness until you forgive me — I know you will.
74. The only danger I should fight these next few days is that of forgetfulness. How in this big round brown earth of God’s did I miss your birthday? I’m sorry I missed it.
75. You once said it’s better to not celebrate at all than to celebrate without me. My mind is so messed up right now. I can only say sorry. I’m really sorry.
So Sorry I Missed Your Birthday
“Here’s a thank you; It’s because making me proud is a thing you do. Here’s another thank you; It’s because you’re good for me. And here’s a sorry. It’s because I missed your birthday. I’m so sorry. Happy birthday, my friend.”
76. One of my biggest fears is that I can displease you. I missed your birthday and I don’t yet know what you think about it. Sorry, my love, that I missed your big day.
77. I’ll never see being free to miss opportunities to celebrate you as freedom. I want to celebrate you every time I get the chance, and since you know that, I can only apologize for missing your birthday.
78. So far, this is your first birthday I’ve ever missed. The difference in yesterday, I still can’t explain. I still love you, little sis. Sorry I missed your birthday.
79. I don’t care about a lot for now. Good enough so I’ll channel good energy into getting your forgiveness. Forgive me for missing your birthday, pops.
80. Right now, I feel the pains you felt at my birth. That’s how much it pains me to know I missed your birthday. I’m sorry, mum. Love you.
81. Hey chum, you must be really angry now but you celebrate so many things, so many it’s hard to know which is your birthday. I’m really sorry I missed your birthday.
82. OMG! I can’t believe it actually happened. I’m so on my knees right now. I’ll even catch a grenade for you right now. I’m sorry I missed your birthday. Please forgive me.
83. I know this is coming really late and I’m really sorry — please forgive me. Be rest assured that the wishes are timeless and would prosper on any date. Happy birthday in arrears. I wish you prosperity and more fun.
84. I’m pretty sure your birthday was as beautiful and as amazing as you are. I’m really sorry for missing it. With all the love I can muster, happy belated birthday.
85. I know these wishes are late and I have no excuse but the truth is they are straight from my heart and I’m sorry I missed your birthday. Happy birthday in arrears. I wish you joy and beautiful days.
86. Hey dear. I’m really sorry I missed your birthday. I can’t still get over it. Please forgive me. But come to think of it, you really should have more than one birthday celebration a year.
87. I know this is late but at least I still remembered. Lol… I’m sorry I missed your birthday. Please find a suitable place in your heart to forgive me.
88. Hey, dearie. You and I know I’ll never do something like this intentionally. Please forgive me. I promise not to ever miss your birthday ever again. I…erm…LOVE YOU!
89. It hurts me to think I could not be there to celebrate with you. Please pardon me. I’m sure it was great. I wish you everything nice filled with spice.
90. There’s no tenable excuse for missing your birthday but I’m sorry love. Accept all my love as I wish you a glorious happy birthday next year in advance. Enjoy your new age.
Sorry We Missed Your Birthday
“Here’s a thank you. It’s from my family to you. And it’s because your actions have brought so much pride to us. We are sorry we missed your big day. We have good health and much joy among our wishes for you. Happy birthday.”
91. Dear, I was away and couldn’t meet up with your birthday celebration…I am so sorry. Please forgive, honey; you know I wouldn’t just be absent on a normal day.
92. Baby, I am guilty for missing your birthday…I admit it, and I am very sorry. Choose a day and time so I can give you a treat to make up for the other day. Please, dear, just forgive me.
93. Tell me you have forgiven me for missing your birthday, dear, and I will have peace of mind. I am very sorry, baby; I really wish I could fully express to what degree.
94. I deserve you not picking my calls and snubbing my messages. I know I disappointed you by not being around to celebrate with you on your birthday. But I also know you can forgive me if you will. I am really sorry, dear.
95. My heart cries blood as I imagine how bad you must have felt by my absence from your birthday, but I ask for mercy, as it was an inevitable thing. Please, forgive me, dear. Thank you.
96. Although I may have missed all the cutting of cakes, munching of rice and chicken, the happy birthday song, dancing, games, opening of presents and many more, that won’t hold back my wishes of excellence and happiness in all you do. Happy birthday in arrears dear. I’m sorry I missed it.
97. Your Birthday ought to be celebrated every day because of how amazing and special you’re to everyone who knows you, especially to me. Wishing you more years of greatness, joy and love from me. Happy birthday, honey. Sorry I missed it.
98. I wish I could take time backward to yesterday and I won’t have to apologize for missing your special day. But here I am saying, I’m sorry and wishing you the happiest birthday ever in arrears, little niece.
99. Although I missed the big day, I just want you to know that I don’t miss a day without praying for you and I pray that all you wished for on your day come true. Happy birthday, cutie. I’m sorry I missed your birthday.
100. I hope your day was fun. I hope your cake was delicious. I hope you loved your gifts. I hope your birthday turned out to be all that you wished. And I’m sorry I wasn’t there to witness it but I hope you accept my apologies and my Happy Birthday wish, even if it’s late.
101. Congratulations to you darling, because you finally made it through another year successfully, and I’m super happy for you. Although I’m sorry I didn’t make it to the party and I hope you’ll forgive me when you get my apology cake arriving soon. Happy Birthday, love.
102. I’m sorry I wasn’t there to sing the happy birthday song. I’m sorry I wasn’t there to hold your hands as you cut your cake. I’m sorry I wasn’t there to dance with you. But I’m not sorry that you’re another year hotter and cooler!! Happy birthday in arrears dear.
103. I hope your day was great as I prayed. I’m sorry I couldn’t make it to the birthday party but that’s why I want to make it up to you… Let’s go shopping! Happy birthday, little sister!
104. I pray that all you do prospers. I pray that you continue to stay happy. I pray that your life blossoms into something great and wonderful. Happy birthday in arrears dear. I’m sorry I couldn’t make it.
105. I know I missed all the food, fun, noise, dancing and drinking and I’m so sorry about that. But I’m pretty sure that I can still say Happy birthday. And get ready because I’ve got a fabulous treat for you!
Before today runs out, rush to send the text and put your mind at rest. Even though God won’t beat you for it, you have to make your loved one know how sorry you feel ASAP.