The 5 year breakup anniversary is a tough milestone for couples or lovers, as it symbolizes the end of hopeful reconciliation and the start of acceptance. You’ve begun to adjust and even accept the fact that your relationship is done for good, which can be sad, but also incredibly liberating at the same time.
Breaking up is always hard. It feels like a life-changing event, and you will always remember it. The good news is that you get over it five years after your break up and move on with your life. Your breakup anniversary is a great time to reflect on your own growth (that’s right, a breakup anniversary is a great time for personal development) and the idea of freedom.
A breakup anniversary is also an avenue for lovers to look back at the journey of their relationship. They may see all the good times, or they may also see a lot of bad ones.
What to do when the anniversary of your breakup is coming up? Check for inspiration here with these five year breakup anniversary quotes. Enjoy!
Five Year Breakup Anniversary Quotes
On five year breakup anniversary, I wish you all the best. Grateful for the ups, downs, and everything in between. And most of all, thankful our journey was not just a story of love but also a chance to grow and learn.
1. The world is trending forward with each step we take. The five year anniversary of our breakup is a reminder to keep going, keep moving forward and never give up on what you want in life.
2. You’ve been gone for five years, but you still make me feel like the most special girl in the world. Happy breakup anniversary, baby!
3. Our breakup was the best thing that happened to us. Just kidding—you were the best thing that ever happened to me. Happy five years breakup anniversary.
4. The pain of a breakup is like that tight stomach feeling when you realize you’re about to throw up. When a relationship ends, there is no need to be sad or angry. It was simply time for a change.
5. I hope you remember that every moment we shared was special, even the bad ones. And I hope you remember how much I love you. Here’s to the best breakup ever.
6. Here’s to the five year anniversary of the day we broke up. It was tough, but we made it through and looked back on it with a smile.
7. It’s been five years since our breakup. I’m still finding the courage to move on. Forgiveness is a gift, but it’s easier to hold onto resentment. I’m ready for love again—and so you should.
8. A special kind of magic happens at the end of a five-year relationship. It happens to both of us, and sometimes it even heals us.
9. Five years ago today, I left my ex. Today, I celebrate that feeling of liberation. Love is a beautiful thing, and you should never let it go.
10. It’s been five years since I ended my relationship with you. But I’m still here, and I’m still thinking about you. Cheers to the anniversary of the day we parted ways.
11. This day marks the end of a chapter in my life five years ago, but it’s also the beginning of something incredible. Happy anniversary to the best breakup ever.
12. Five years ago today, we said goodbye. Five years of memories, laughter and love. Here’s to you, sweetheart.
13. Five years ago today, my heart was broken when you said, ‘I’m so sorry. I want to say thank you for continuing to be my friend.
14. I never thought 5 years would fly by so quickly, but it has. I am proud of what we accomplished over the years and thankful for the many wonderful memories we shared. I love you more than words can express!
15. Some of the most important things in life are never-ending, like a five year breakup anniversary. Even after five years, you still hear my voice in your ears.
16. Hey, it’s our five year breakup anniversary. It’s been a long time, and I’m sorry for the tough times. I think it’s about time for a change.
17. When the five year anniversary of your breakup comes around, it’s time to let go. Move on with your life, and don’t be afraid to try again. You deserve happiness!
18. It’s hard to believe it’s been 5 years since I’ve seen you. The best part of a breakup is realizing how great the breakup was and how much we miss each other.
19. It’s been five years since we parted ways. You’ll always be my first, but now I have many people who come in and out of my life – they also deserve a place in it.
20. It’s been five years since I broke up with my partner. It still hurts sometimes. But I’m learning to cope, and as time moves on, my heart grows stronger.
21. It’s been five years of hard work and dedication, tears and laughter, but most importantly, it’s been five years of growth. I still miss you, but now I know what it feels like to be happy again.
22. It’s been five years since we split up, but I haven’t forgotten you. You’re still in my heart and soul. I’ll never stop loving you.
23. Five years ago, we broke up. But today, we’re stronger than ever because what doesn’t kill you makes you even more determined to find the person who can make you happy again and never let go of them this time.
24. A breakup is never easy—and it hurts the most when you love someone. But don’t let this past hurt consume you. You will get through it and someday find someone who makes you as happy as that person once did.
25. Five years and I’m still smiling. My heart is full, my head is clear, and I’m so happy. Cheers to the anniversary of the best breakup ever.
5 Year Breakup Anniversary Quotes
It’s been 5 years since our breakup—five years of hurt, pain and self-doubt. But somehow, I’ve managed to pull through it all, and here I am, very happy and healthy. While doing that, I learned so much about life.
26. No matter how far apart we are, no matter how much time has passed, and no matter what we’ve done, we will always have each other in our hearts.
27. I am so grateful for our separation because it taught me how to be alone without anyone else’s opinion but my own. It’s been 5 years since we broke up, but I still miss you.
28. It’s been five years since our breakup, and we started a new journey separately, and here’s to hoping that it has taught you something about what’s important in life.
29. We said it wouldn’t last forever, but somehow I ended up here. I miss you every day. I wish we could go back to how things were, but I suppose that’s not an option.
30. It was like a dream we were in together until you were gone. You said you’d always be there, and I believed. Now I’m alone, with all these empty spaces in my heart.
31. You’ll never expect a breakup to be so sweet. The memories, the good ones and the bad ones will all stick with you forever. It’s been five years of always missing you. I wish we could be together, but at the same time, I want to be alone again.
32. I don’t know what I did to make us break up five years ago, but I’m glad we’re over. Here’s a toast to the anniversary of the day we stopped loving each other.
33. I can still remember the first time we laughed together, you cried in front of me and the last time I saw your face. It was the best time of my life, and then it was over five years ago today.
34. No matter how much time has passed or how many boundless miles lie between us, I know that the moment we said goodbye 5 years ago is forever etched inside my heart.
35. It’s been 5 years since we lost our spark. There’s still a lot of love, but I’m just not feeling it anymore. I wish I could go back and tell myself, ‘No matter what happens, you will get through this,’ but I couldn’t because it was happening to me.
36. Breakups are the shits. But I’ve learned a lot from these five years. I know what I need and what I want out of a relationship now—and it’s not for anyone to make my decisions for me. It’s up to me to live them out.
37. A 5 year anniversary of a breakup is like a day after Christmas. You’re still crazy about each other, and you both want to give in but are too stubborn to do anything about it.
38. I’ll never forget the day you told me, “I’m done.” It’s never easy to say goodbye, but you made sure I knew it was inevitable this time.
39. I have been heartbroken before. The only difference between this experience and the others is that now I’m stronger, I know how to pick myself up, and I don’t want to make the same mistakes twice.
40. It’s been 5 years! You’re still a part of my heart, but I’m done pretending we can be together again. I’ll still be thinking of you in five years. Happy anniversary.
41. It’s been five years since you left. I will never stop loving you, but this is what I’ve learned: You can’t hold someone else’s heart forever. It will break, even if it still beats for you.
42. I love and miss you. I’m sorry I wasn’t enough for you. I tried my best. 5 year anniversary of our breakup, and I’m still trying to figure out this whole “moving on” thing.
43. At times, it’s better to let go and move on. It’s been 5 years since we broke up. I’m sorry it didn’t work out. I wish you all the best.
44. Five years might seem like a long time to be without you, but in my heart, it’s not. It’s almost like the relationship was never there- it was just a phase.
45. It’s been five years since you left me, but I think about you every day. And what I kept is the memory of us – together, happy, laughing; it was a good time.
46. When the only thing that matters is what’s in your heart. 5 years ago, we broke each other’s hearts. But today, we’re stronger than ever and so much more confident in ourselves as individuals.
47. It’s been five years since we went our separate ways, and I’m so above it now. It was an emotional time, but I got through it. I’m happy, healthy and ready to begin my life again.
48. Five years is a long time, but the sting will soon fade with time. And no matter how much time passes, what I do and how much I change—you never leave my mind. Happy anniversary.
49. 5 years since the day I let you go. You don’t know what you have done to me, but I can assure you that it is enough to let you go and move on. I still love you, but I need time to heal. Wish you the best in life.
50. I’m sorry I hurt you. I’m sorry I could not make it last as long as you wanted. 5 years ago today, we broke up. But I’m still happier now than ever before.
51. It’s been five years since our breakup, and you said goodbye, but I can’t let that stop me from loving you. And I won’t.
52. I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since our breakup. The journey, the pain and the stress were worth every second of it all. I love you more than words can say.
53. It’s been five years since our breakup, but it was an amazing ride. I’ve learned a lot about myself and have become a better person of it all. I’m proud of how far I’ve come and grateful that we’re back together as friends again.
Have you read it all? Bravo. You can also check out other awesome posts on the site to enjoy.
And before you go, drop a comment, and hit the share button to make more people enjoy these amazing five year breakup anniversary quotes.