It can be tough to be there for a friend who’s going through a breakup. They might feel a lot of different emotions, and you may not know how to help them. But if you’re willing to listen, you can make a huge difference in their life.
The first thing to remember is that the best way to help someone going through a breakup is simply to be present. You don’t have to try to fix anything or say anything meaningful; just being there for your friend is enough.
Encourage them to talk about their feelings and listen without judgment. A lot of times when we go through difficult situations like breakups, we’re afraid that other people will think we’re weak or unable to handle things on our own — which is why we often don’t talk about our feelings with others until later on down the road when things have quieted down a bit for us
You have a friend who is going through a breakup. You want to be there for them, but you don’t know how. Here are some friend going through breakup quotes to help you encourage your friend going through a breakup. Feel free to share it with them.
Friend Going Through Breakup Quotes
From a friend who has been there: I know how painful it is to go through a breakup and I want to say, you are not alone. You will be okay. As always remember that no matter what happens in your life; stay strong and keep loving yourself!
1. When your best friend is going through a breakup, it’s too hard to see her sad and alone. But don’t worry, things will get better as time passes. Don’t give up on her.
2. It’s hard not to feel like a failure when someone you care about is going through a breakup and you can’t do much about it. It’s even harder when that person is your best friend.
3. When someone you care about has gone through a breakup, I know it never gets easy to say goodbye. Let them know they are always in your heart, even when it feels like there is nothing left to hold onto.
4. Friend, I know it’s difficult to be alone and having someone to rely on is so comforting. You’re going to be okay—and this breakup is just one lesson in life: breakups are temporary, but true friends are forever.
5. When you’re going through a breakup, there’s that feeling in your stomach. You know what I mean? It’s that sickening feeling of knowing that the person is gone and won’t be back.
6. As a friend, it’s important that you don’t judge your friend for how they are feeling or what they are doing after the breakup. Instead, try to be supportive and listen to all of their feelings without offering any advice or judgment.
7. We’ve all been there. It’s totally normal to feel like the world has ended when you’re going through a breakup. It’s okay to be sad and a little frustrated, but remember that moving forward can be hard sometimes, too.
8. Breakups are never easy but knowing that you’ll get through it and come out stronger than before will make the journey a little bit less painful.
9. Breakups are hard. So much positive energy is wasted on the things we can’t change, instead of focusing on going forward. But we will find our way back to the light again. You are loved and you cannot be replaced.
10. It’s never easy to see a friend go through a breakup. But, if there’s anything we can all learn from this, it’s that a broken heart can heal in time.
11. Your breakup is temporary and will pass. You’ll be able to move past it faster if you know that with every day that passes, you’re getting closer to the person you want to be with again.
12. When someone you care about shares a breakup, how can you not feel their pain? Here’s to you, my friend. Keep fighting.
13. Sometimes when you’re going through a breakup, the world just looks so different. But if you look closely enough, there’s still beauty in everything.
14. Breakups are hard, even if you’re not the one who is losing your partner. Here are some words of wisdom from someone who knows the pain of breakups:”
15. Life is too short to go through a breakup. If you’re currently in one, remember that there’s always someone who will be there for you and who understands the pain you’re going through.
16. You are not alone in this. You have a friend who understands, who will be there with you through it all and help you pick up the pieces after. They are rooting for you and want you to feel better soon.
17. When you are hurting, the best thing to do is to be alone. Let yourself feel the pain—and let that pain help purge you of all negativity towards the relationship that’s ending.
18. One of the hardest things to do is to let go of someone who’s been in your life for so long. Just remember that you are loved, and your friend will be okay.
19. When you’re going through a breakup, it’s easy to feel hopeless. But there is hope. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. And there is always someone who loves you no matter what!
20. A breakup can be a painful and confusing time. But there are great quotes that could help you weather the storm.
21. Snap out of it. Don’t think too much about what happened. Just focus on your friends and the good things that you still have in common.
22. Sometimes we have to take the good with the bad. Sometimes it’s okay to let go of things you love. When someone you love is going through a difficult time, it’s important to be there for them. Don’t worry if you don’t have the right words at that moment; simply be there for them and they will know they are loved.
23. Those who know you best know that you’re strong. They would be happy to know they just made your world a little bit brighter today by helping you find inner strength and support during this difficult time.
24. When you are going through a breakup, try to be as supportive and understanding as possible. Remember that time will heal your pain, but it takes time
25. Dear friend, the number one thing to remember is that you’re not the first person to go through a breakup. Remember that – being sad, crying and all that—means your heart can still heal. And remember eventually it will pass.
26. I don’t know what your situation is, but sometimes it’s okay to say, “I get it…” It’s okay to feel things and just be sad. Say why your friend is so special and how much you care about him/her.
27. Life’s a journey, not a destination. It has ups and downs, peaks and valleys but one thing is certain — you will make it through this. Give yourself some time to heal and remember that your friends are always there for you when you need them most.
28. It’s okay to feel sad, it’s okay to cry. But when you feel like doing that, please know that you are not alone and there are so many people who understand what you are going through.
29. This is going to be hard, but I know that it’s going to be okay. You’re not alone and you will heal again.
30. When you love someone, you want the best for them. When they break your heart, it’s like a death—a death of hope. You try to rebuild your world but one little piece is missing, and you can never get it back. You never forget or forgive; life goes on, but the hole in it is always there—a reminder that nothing lasts forever.
31. If you want to be happy, if you want to be successful, then don’t let the little things stand in your way. The beautiful thing about life is that it goes on and it doesn’t matter who’s gone or who’s here, just keep moving forward.
32. When a relationship comes to an end, it can be hard for your friends to understand. But as long as you keep in touch and remain supportive, our hearts will understand and be able to heal.
33. There are some things in life that are so hard to say, but they’re worth saying. And if you need a friend to say them with you, let me be your shoulder to cry on.
34. It’s not the end. It’s not the pain. It’s the realization that you can’t stop something so perfect from happening to anyone ever again.
35. Life can be very hard when you’re going through a breakup. But don’t forget to look up and find beauty in this tough time. You can survive anything with faith and hard work, so don’t give up on yourself.
36. It’s ok to feel sad, it’s ok to be angry. It is NOT okay to stay angry and hurt. Remember the person you were before the breakup and remember that they are still in your life. It may take time, but you can get through anything with your friends.
37. It’s okay to feel hurt, angry or sad. But you don’t have to stay there forever. You can heal from your heartbreak and move on from this relationship. Let yourself be happy again and give love a second chance!
38. The hardest part about a breakup is watching the other person leave. The second hardest part is remembering that they’ll always be in your heart.
39. Friends can be fickle. They say one thing and mean something else. Sometimes you cry on their shoulder, and other times they ignore a hurtful remark you made. Friends are hard to find, but once found, they’re the most important things anyone can have – especially when going through a breakup.
40. You deserve better. You’re too smart, too funny, and too talented to settle for someone who is not a good fit for you. Don’t give up on finding the love that is right for you!
41. It might be hard, but remember that you are worth so much more than someone who doesn’t value you. Let this be a reminder to stay strong and continue looking for your true love.
42. Life is a journey and not a destination. You will come through this break-up stronger and better than ever.
43. You’re not alone! There’s always someone out there that understands what you’re going through.
44. When a relationship ends, it’s never easy. But if you’re ready to move forward, remember that it can be done in a positive way and with love.
45. Deep down, you know that it’s time to move on. You’ve just got to look at what’s best in life, as well as understand that true happiness and success doesn’t come from being in a relationship, but from achieving your goals on your own.
46. Don’t ever settle for less than what you deserve. You are enough, no matter your weight, or anything else that may have gotten in the way of who you truly are.
47. You will get through this stage of life because you are strong and resilient. You have to let go of the past and focus on what is possible for your future!
48. Sometimes, you just have to stop and check-in. You may be confused and scared, but don’t worry—it’s okay to feel whatever it is you’re feeling. The most important thing is that you take care of yourself no matter what.
49. All you need is friends and family to keep you company on this journey of life, and we hope that there are some amazing folks in your life that will remind you that things are going to be ok.
50. Sometimes the hardest thing about a breakup is that you don’t realize how much someone means to you until they’re gone. So take comfort in knowing that even if your heart’s been broken, it’ll mend. And maybe one day it will be as strong as it was before, but now there’s just more space for love to grow.
If you’ve just experienced a big breakup and are looking for quotes to help ease the pain. But sometimes, finding the right words is easier said than done.
That’s why I put together this list of friend going through breakup quotes. I hope it helps you find comfort and encouragement as you move on.