Apologising – and forgiveness – is a dying art. People hardly ever say they’re sorry anymore, and even when they do, they rarely mean it. But love means asking for forgiveness. Love is given and it is received, love is the strongest of all emotions.
Everyone seeks forgiveness because at times we may do subtle things that require mercy from others, why? Well because no one is perfect. But when you make a mistake and hurt someone you love, it can be hard to know how to ask them for forgiveness.
If you have been wondering how to ask for forgiveness from your lover, this may be the perfect way to do it. These love quotes asking for forgiveness below will give you ideas on how to ask for forgiveness from those you have offended or saddened.
Love Quotes Asking For Forgiveness
I hope you forgive me. I love you more than anyone else, and I do not want to lose you, you’re the reason that I smile every day. Please give me another chance. With all my heart, I promise it will never happen again.
1. I know I haven’t been the best to you. Your eyes are a window to your soul, and the love you give me is beyond my dreams. Please forgive me for all that I’ve done, and let me prove how much I love you.
2. I haven’t been myself since that day, and it is killing me inside. I’d do anything to take it all back. I love you with all my heart, please forgive me.
3. I am so sorry for everything I have done to hurt you. Please forgive me. I promise that I will be there for you forever and always treat you right. I love you, baby.
4. Please forgive me for any pain I have caused. I am sorry if I have hurt your feelings or said something to upset you. My heart aches, knowing that I have made you cry.
5. I am so sorry for the stupid things I have done, for the pain I have caused. I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me because I love you and always will.
6. I am so sorry for all that happened. I did not mean to hurt you. I only wanted to enjoy the time we had together. Please accept my most heartfelt apologies and know that it will never happen again.
7. I love you, and I am so sorry for acting when I got jealous and mad over nothing. We are fine now, and I will never let it happen again.
8. I realise that humans are imperfect and make mistakes that can cause harm and pain to others. I was wrong for my actions and words. I am truly sorry from the bottom of my heart.
9. I’m sorry for the way I acted. I love you and only want the best for you. I know that we are going to be amazing together. Please forgive me.
10. I should say so many things to you, but I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me for any pain I have caused. I am so sorry for my foolish ways, and I’ll do everything to keep that from happening again.
11. I’ve been so bad. I’ve treated you badly, and I’m sorry. My greatest regret is not treating you better. Please forgive me and believe that I’ll never make you feel this way again. It’s empty words, really, but my apologies are sincere. I love you!
12. I know I’ve made mistakes and done things that have hurt you. I’m sorry, I love you so much and I never want to lose you. Please forgive me and give me another chance.
13. I’m so sorry for being so distant lately. It was never my intention for you to feel ignored. I did just need a little time to myself to understand what I wanted. I hope you forgive me for being so brash and putting our relationship on the back burner.
14. I know I was wrong, and I feel so stupid for doing that to you. You are the best person I have ever known, and my life would be nothing without you. Please forgive me.
15. I love you! There’s nothing more I can say. I am so sorry for what I have done. I’m serious about what I told you, and I mean it to the fullest extent. It took me a while to realise what I wanted and what was in my heart, but now that I do, I’ve got to fight for it. Please forgive me, my love.
16. I’ve done you wrong, and I want to make it up to you. All I want is to show you how much I care. I know that your heart belongs with me. I just hope that you will give me the chance to prove it!
17. I’m sorry, I know I was wrong. Next time, I’ll try to be better, please forgive me, my love.
18. I can’t stop thinking about you, and I know I hurt you. I’m sorry. I never meant to hurt you, and now that I’ve gotten to think things through, I see just how wrong I was. You are the love of my life, and I don’t want to lose the best thing in my life. Will you please forgive me?
19. I know I’ve hurt you in the past, and there isn’t a day I don’t regret it. There is only one thing I ask for your forgiveness.
20. I need to ask for your forgiveness. Things were different before we fell so madly in love. I know that I hurt you with my hands and my words, but that reverses the things I feel for you. You’re in my heart and soul.
21. I know that I have been a terrible person towards you lately, and for that, I am sorry. I want things to go back to how they were when we were happy and never fought. Will you please forgive me?
22. I’m sorry. I know I’ve hurt you, and that was never my intention. I just want to make it all better and bring you back from the dark place you are in now. The emptiness I feel when we are apart is unbearable and kills a piece of me every day we are apart. I love you so much, please forgive me for being hard on you for no reason.
23. I don’t even know where to begin. I don’t know why I did it. To be honest, I just do dumb things and when the guilt kicks in, what else is there to do but apologise? Will you forgive me? Trust me when I say I will never let you down again. I’ve never felt this bad about anything; please just come back.
24. I’m so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I’ll never do it again. My love is yours and only yours. Please forgive me. I would be nothing without you.
25. I am sorry for my mistakes. I know I was wrong and that I hurt you and made you feel bad. Please forgive me; I can never repay you for your love.
26. I’m so sorry I hurt you. I never wanted to do that at all. My emotions were running high and burst out over you. I want you to shine bright and be filled with love, only love. I’m working on being better for us, me, and. Forgive me my faults, we all make mistakes, but I will work hard on them to grow together as one again!
27. Every day wakes me up to a new day with you, and because of you, I want to make every day count. You are gorgeous and so full of life that I can’t help but smile when I’m with you. I will never forgive myself for hurting you the way I did. I only want to spend every day for the rest of my life showing you how much you mean to me.
28. I promise I will never lie to you again. I don’t know what came over me, but I will never do it again. It kills me inside to know that I hurt you and made you cry. If I could undo the past, I would go in a heartbeat. Please forgive me!
29. I do not doubt that I am the luckiest guy. But even with all of this love, I must ask for forgiveness. Sometimes I fall into bad ways, and a good woman can make a man change. For this, I am sorry. Even though I know you are a forgiving person, I just want to guarantee our happy future together by asking for forgiveness right now.
30. I need your forgiveness! I can’t express how sorry I am and that I am ready to put the past behind us. I’ve never stopped loving you, but I left you alone while dealing with my problems. It’s time we move on together again.
31. I know that I do not deserve your forgiveness, I’m sorry for my foolish mistakes. I want to make you happy, but sometimes I mess up. Please take a chance on me one last time and give me a chance to show you how much I love you.
32. If I could change the past, I would. If I could take away our mistakes and give you better memories, I would. If I could tell you how much I love you all night long, trust you, and admire your efforts, I would. For your forgiveness, everything will be forgotten.
33. I don’t blame you for being mad at me. I made a mistake, and I wish there were a way to take it back. I do love you, and I am so sorry for hurting you. It will never happen again, and I hope you’ll forgive me because I don’t know what I would do without you in my life. Thank you for taking the time to read my letter.
34. Forgive me for being so selfish and saying things that don’t come from my heart. Forgive me for being dumb enough not to see how amazing you are. I was scared, but now I am brave enough to admit that I’m completely in love with you.
35. Although I thought this would be the end of us, and our love was lost, I forgive you for your past mistakes. You’re my best friend, and I miss you more than words. Please come back to me.
36. I am so sorry for hurting and upsetting you. I am not perfect, and I know I sometimes get too angry or say the wrong thing. But that does not mean I don’t love you. Please forgive me for anything I did to cause you hurt, I truly am sorry!
37. You are my better half. I don’t know what I could have ever done to deserve pure love like ours. I’m sorry for any pain I have brought you, and I promise to work harder so that we will never have any arguments in the future. If there is anything I can do to make it up to you, please let me know. I love you till the end of time!
38. I am sorry. I should have been honest with you initially; what we had was special and meant a lot to me. I will always think of you. Please forgive me, my love.
39. I’m sorry. I’ll never make that mistake again. Please forgive me.
40. I’m sorry for what I did. I love you so much. I don’t know how to live without you. All I want is to make it up to you by loving you like I used to. I thought about it, and this is all my idea. Will you forgive me?
41. I know I have hurt you before, and I am very sorry. Please forgive me. We’ve been through a lot over the years, but that doesn’t mean we have to let our love go.
42. Please forgive me for what I did and know that I love you.
43. When I think back on all the things I’ve done in my life, I regret the things that hurt you. Knowing how you feel, I am so sorry. Please know that I will do my best to make it up to you every day.
44. I know you are bad at expressing yourself and making the first move, but I do love that about you. The subtle things that you do and say make my heart so happy! There is no one in this world I want to be with forever than you. You have made me the happiest man on earth, and I will never let you go. Please forgive me, my love.
45. Please forgive me for all the times I have hurt you. I promise never to do it again. I know you deserve better, and that’s what I will give you.
46. I was wrong; I shouldn’t have said those things to you. I am sorry. You are the one who put a smile on my face and love in my heart.
47. I am so sorry that I have been so selfish, baby. It’s all my fault. I take back every derogatory thing I have ever said or done to you, and I hope you can forgive me. I love you with all my heart and soul because it is true.
48. I’m so sorry for everything I’ve done. I will never be a good man unless you are there to teach me. Please find it in your heart to give my life another chance.
49. Please forgive me for my sins and mistakes. I promise to be better in the future. I know that I have made you feel less than what you are. I will show you, again and again, that you mean more to me than anything else.
50. I know I’m a selfish guy. But I’m so sorry for being such a big jerk for the millionth time. It’s not right to be mean to someone you love, and well, I hope you still love me despite my attitude.
51. I love you, I asked for your forgiveness, I hope it wasn’t too late. For all I’ve done, was it enough? Will you ever forgive me? Maybe this is a long shot, but please reply, I still want to try and make it work.
52. I am sorry for all the times I made you feel worthless. I wish I could make it up to you. All I can do is promise that I will be better by asking for your forgiveness in advance for my faults and negligence in the future. You’re my light, my sunshine and my life.
53. I am sorry for everything I ever said or did. I was cruel and hurtful, and I know it broke your heart. It was all my fault, and I can’t take back what I have said or done, but I ask you this one thing – please forgive me.
54. I know that I didn’t always treat you the way you deserved, but I am truly sorry. for those times when I was wrong. I wish I could go back in time and change my actions to make our relationship stronger. If I hurt you or if there were things that offended you, please forgive me. I hope that we can move past what has happened and continue stronger than before.
55. I know that I have made mistakes. I am not asking you to forget everything and allow me back into your heart. I know I need to earn back your trust and faith, and I will do whatever it takes. You are the most amazing woman I have ever known; you’re kind, smart, funny and beautiful. Please give me another chance at making things right.
56. I hope my words can convince you to give me a second chance. I miss your touch and the way you look at me. I want to be with you and only you. I promise you I will never hurt you again and that our love will soon be the happiest it has ever been.
57. I don’t know if you will ever forgive me for leaving, for not fighting for our relationship. I wish every day that I had stayed and made it work. But in my heart, I believe we weren’t meant to be. All I wanted to do was make you happy in life. Even if it meant sacrificing everything I knew was right, just to make sure you had everything you ever wanted.
58. I am so sorry that I hurt you. I know that it takes time to heal, but we can now talk about what happened and work towards a resolution. Just know that you are in my heart and know how sorry I am.
59. I’m sorry I keep hurting you. I never want to be the one to bring you pain. The last thing I want is to hurt you. The last thing I want is any distance between us. It tears my heart out when we fight because the last thing I ever want to do is fight with you – it only drives me crazy!
60. I’m not one to protest my innocence often. But I have things to say. And now is the time for me to say them.
61. Please forgive me for being so mean. I didn’t mean to hurt you, all of it was said in a bad moment, and I regret everything. I should have given you a second chance – everyone deserves a second chance.
62. I know I hurt you; I know it was wrong, and I just want you to know that I am truly sorry. I wish for nothing more than for you to forgive me so we can find our way back to each other. I never stopped loving you, and there’s no other place in the world that feels more like home than your arms.
63. I always want you to forgive me, even though there is nothing that I have done. I feel so many things for you, love and passion, I am like an ocean. In this incredibly long time, we have spent together, there have been moments of joy and sorrow, but all of it has been worth it for this moment. I love you.
64. I’m sorry for all the hurt I caused you. I said things I never meant and did things out of anger. Your forgiveness means everything to me. Without it, life is pointless. Forgive me so we can move on toward a bright future filled with peace and happiness.
65. I am so sorry that I nearly broke your heart. I didn’t mean to, but I’m glad you forgave me. I will never do it again. I love you so much that I can’t stop apologising for my mistakes. Will you please forgive me one more time?
66. I want to tell you how sorry I am for the way I’ve acted lately. I’ve been stressed and not myself, but I understand that the things I do and say affect the people around me. I love you, please forgive me.
67. I know I was wrong, and I just want to say I am sorry. Will you please forgive me? I don’t want things to be all awkward between us. I want us always to be close like we have always been. I messed up, but it will never happen again!
68. I’m sorry I hurt you. It kills me inside to know that I made you cry. You are the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me, and I just hope you can forgive me for my actions one day. I love you more than anything and promise never to hurt you again!
69. I hope you can forgive me. I know I’ve been acting weird, but I just can’t help it – I’m so nervous! I’ve never experienced this feeling with anyone before, and it’s new to me. You are everything to me, and I want to be with you forever. Will you please take another chance on me?
70. I know I have made some mistakes, but I hope you forgive me. I don’t want to lose you, please stay with me. I am afraid that without your love, I would be alone.
71. I’m truly sorry for what I did. I was scared that you would leave me and weren’t as invested in us as I was, but I should have talked to you. I should have shown more respect for you and our relationship. For that, I am truly sorry.
72. I want to say I’m sorry for not being right there for you when you need me the most. I want to apologise for all the pain I’ve caused you and wish I could erase all the tears you cried. I am sorry for making your life full of sadness and less beautiful. It hurts to see how badly I hurt you, especially when it was someone who loved you with all his heart. I love you so much, and please forgive me.
73. I don’t know what happened, but I know that I love you and never want to lose you. You are the best thing in my life, please forgive me and make this work because I can’t live without you. I am sorry for how I acted, and I promise it will never happen again!
74. I am sorry that I hurt you. Please forgive me. I will never hurt you again. You are the love of my life, and nothing will ever tear us apart.
75. I don’t know how I could have done what I did. It’s eating me up inside. You are more important than anything, and I would never want to jeopardise it. It kills me that you may not forgive me, but know that I am deeply sorry and will do anything to make it up to you.
76. I’m so sorry for the way I treated you. I honestly didn’t mean any of the things I said, and in my heart, I knew that all your intentions were good. Forgive me?
77. I know I don’t tell you this nearly enough, but I love you so much. Please forgive me… you mean the world to me. My world would be a lonely place without you. I am thankful that we found each other and become a part of each other’s lives every day.
78. Please forgive me for my awful ways. I hope you will take me back and love me once more. You are the biggest part of my life, and I don’t know what I’d do without you by my side.
79. I know I’ve made some poor choices, and I hope you can forgive me. I promise to work harder so that we can have the life we deserve and to put our love first. Please come back to me because everything is just a bit sadder without you.
80. Please forgive me for being such an idiot. I do want to make you happy. You are my dream come true, and I won’t give up. I will keep working every day to be the man you deserve.
81. I made a mistake, I know that. I wanted you to hear it out of my mouth. I needed to say this because I kept thinking about what had happened all night. It scares me; what we have is worth much more than that day’s mistakes. Please forgive me and let me make it up to you somehow.
82. I love you, you are very special to me. I’m sorry for all the pain I have caused you.
83. I am deeply sorry for whatever I did to upset you. I hope you will forgive me and give us another chance.
84. I’m sorry that I stepped out of line and made you feel less than you are. I let my insecurities get the best of me, but they are not worth losing you, my love. Please forgive me.
85. I can’t believe I did that. I wish I could take it back and erase everything that happened. Please forgive me? I love you so much, please don’t push me away.
86. I know I was wrong, it’s just that sometimes I get so stressed, and I lash out. I’m sorry! Could you ever forgive me for the harsh words that came out of my mouth? I was upset, but only because I trust you and want what is best for you. Please forgive me.
87. We all say things in anger, and I am so sorry I yelled at you. I love you, and please forgive me.
88. I need you to know that you’re the greatest gift of my life. I always want to be with you. And I hope we can be together forever.
89. I’m so sorry for the way things turned out; I know that I should never have done what I did and blamed it all on you. You’re my best friend, and I love you. I can’t imagine life without you.
90. I’m so sorry for what I’ve put you through. I know I don’t say it enough, but I am truly sorry if my actions have ever hurt you. You are the greatest gift God has ever given me, and I will never hurt you again!
91. I’m so sorry for hurting you; I never meant to. I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you. If there’s any way I can earn back your trust and forgiveness, I will.
92. I want to show you that I love you very much, but I realised I hurt you, and I am sorry. Please give me another chance to prove that your love means everything to me, and I will try hard not to make you sad again. You deserve the best, and I am going to give my best.
93. I’m sorry for everything. Not noticing, being a bad friend, letting you go through this alone, pushing you away, and ignoring your calls. I was lost, and I didn’t know what to do. You are my best friend, and my world fell apart when you left. I miss you so much it hurts. Forgive me.
94. I’m sorry for letting you down. You are the one for me, and I want to let you know that I will keep trying to be better. We both know that we always make mistakes, but all I want to do is show you how much I love you with everything in me.
95. I know I can be annoying sometimes, and I don’t expect you always to forgive me when I make mistakes. I want you to know how sorry I am. I would never want to cause you any pain every day in my life, I count myself lucky to have you by my side.
96. I know that things have been a little hard lately. You have every right to be angry with me. I’m sorry for the way things have gone between us. I promise that it will never happen again. I understand if you don’t think you can trust me anymore, but please give me another chance!
97. I’m sorry if I hurt you or made you cry. You aren’t a bad person for wanting to let me know you’re hurting. Communication is the best way to win back trust and our relationship. I love you, and I’ll do whatever it takes to prove that to you!
98. I want to say I am sorry for the hurt I’ve caused you. I was wrong, and I was stupid. You are my everything. I will spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to you.
99. I think of you more than I should and love you so much that it hurts. You are my forever, my always, my everything.
100. I’m sorry for not being more romantic, I miss you so much.
Regardless of the consequences, love quotes asking for forgiveness should be communicated to your loved ones even when you are with them or far away. Love conquers all as it is impossible to solve a problem with your loved one without love itself.
Hence, asking forgiveness from your loved one is good to strengthen the ever-growing bond of trust and love between you two. I hope you found this collection of quotes helpful. Please let me know how you feel about this post in the comment section. Thanks for reading.