Have you ever wondered what life is like in an abandoned place?
Did you know that there are thousands of abandoned places worldwide?
These abandoned places are so creepy, and they have such a spooky atmosphere that some people don’t even dare to get near them.
Some of them because they were just shut down, some others because the building itself was haunted. Well, if you’re looking for quotes about abandoned places, then this is the right place for you.
Here I present to you awesome quotes about abandoned places and buildings.
Quotes About Abandoned Buildings
The thought of an abandoned building evokes various images: a place to hold private parties, a business opportunity, the perfect place for one’s own home. Above all, it is a space filled with stories that weave together to form the history of a place and give it character.
1. An abandoned building has a story. The story starts with a building that was built here and used.
2. Abandoned buildings are places with stories to tell—stories of people, institutions, and businesses that existed in the past and have long since departed.
3. The rich past and the stories of abandoned buildings make them appealing to us.
4. It’s as if these abandoned buildings are trying to tell us their stories. We can’t resist deciphering the clues they offer and uncovering what we can about their rich past.
5. Curiosity about a building’s history, paired with the opportunity for personal interpretation and discovery, makes abandoned buildings intriguing.
6. Empty and abandoned, the stories of these buildings are held captive within the walls.
7. The stories of the people who once inhabited those crumbling buildings are what makes them so incredibly special.
8. It’s our love of history that makes abandoned buildings so fascinating.
9. Abandoned buildings have an incredible intimacy. You can feel the stories that whisper after you when you walk through an abandoned old house.
10. Old buildings possess an incredible intimacy and history. They whisper past secrets to you as you slowly wander their halls. Their creaking floorboards snap the air, creating a cosy and playful atmosphere.
11. I’ve always loved abandoned spaces and heroic urban explorers, people who take the time to reclaim beautiful abandoned buildings and show us the hidden beauty around us.
12. Many abandoned buildings have a story to tell. And those stories are what makes exploring around here so much fun.
13. When I gaze upon an old abandoned house, I don’t see emptiness. I see possibility, a blank slate ready for the next chapter of its life.
14. When I gaze upon an abandoned building, I see potential. I am free to explore the unknown and discover what’s inside.
15. Every time I see an abandoned building, I imagine the years of memories made there.
16. If I had a dollar for every time I gazed upon an abandoned building, I’d be highballing it in style.
17. Painting is incredibly therapeutic, and in the process of turning an abandoned building into a compelling work of art, I learn something new about myself.
18. Every building has a story, and when the last tenants have moved on, I can help bring those stories back to life.
19. An abandoned building is a space that holds so many memories—a place of exploration and adventure that took shape in a child’s mind.
20. I see the last bits of a rainbow popping through the windows. I see black and white children playing inside. I imagine music pounding through the floors and teenagers dancing on the countertops.
21. When I look at an old, abandoned house, I see something that may transform into a haven for a family.
22. When I see an abandoned building, it brings me back to my childhood as I remember all the adventures my friends and I would have in them.
23. When I think about abandoned buildings, I see the happy times of the past. I see the possibilities an old house might hold. I see its scars, its history and its charm.
24. Every time I see an abandoned building, I see a place with a rich past. I don’t see decay. I see hope because when a place isn’t home anymore, the sounds are different—still familiar.
25. I see the potential, history, and beauty. An old farmhouse might not seem like much on the outside, but it can be a blank canvas for your imagination. And when you renovate one, it can be the home of your dreams too.
26. Filled with the echoes of laughter and chaos, I see the life that once flourished in an abandoned building.
27. I see the potential, a possibility. I see beauty. I see personality. The thought of owning one of these abandoned buildings is truly exciting to me.
28. From guesthouse to icehouse, every building has a story to tell, from food truck to bar.
29. We travel for miles, enter abandoned buildings, and uncover the history of a place that has been long forgotten.
30. Abandoned buildings remind how humanity can overgrow and dominate a space, leaving it to decay and die.
31. Sometimes, the common ground we need is found in the most unexpected places like abandoned buildings.
32. It’s not just the paint or brick that makes this abandoned building look so great. It was the people who lived here.
33. A place to remember moments, provide shelter and gathering spots. Abandoned buildings should be more than walls.
34. An abandoned building is a blank canvas for your imagination.
35. Abandoned buildings are more than tired structures; they’re blank canvases for your imagination.”
36. Abandoned buildings have an interesting history and staple any city. They are more than tired structures—they’re blank canvases for your imagination.
37. Abandoned buildings are more than old and decay structures; they’re open spaces with many untold stories. They look like canvases waiting for a painter.
38. An abandoned building is an invitation to a week’s worth of adventures with your kids.
39. The beauty of an abandoned building is that it is yours to create.
40. An abandoned building is an opportunity for a new beginning. It allows flexibility and an opportunity for creativity.
41. Old houses have an odd intimacy about them. Walking through abandoned buildings means that you’re in someone else’s memory.
42. Abandoned buildings have a special quality- an intimacy that is difficult to find in modern construction. You can feel the spirit and soul of the old houses when you walk through them.
43. Listen to the untold love stories of old houses abandoned with time. No one stays the same, but our homes can tell what happened there.
44. Maybe it’s the soft creak of worn wooden floors or the smell of dust motes floating in the light from the windows, but there’s something about old houses that whispers to you that this is home.
45. The building, like the owners, and they’re out of tune piano, has a voice of its own. You can hear it in the faint cry of the wind that rises through the dilapidated roof. You’ll feel it in the musty air that brushes by your face as you walk down empty halls.
46. It is said that buildings have souls, and when they pass on, this soul often remains behind to haunt what’s left of the structure.
47. Abandoned buildings are the devil’s playground.
48. Like a haven in times of trouble, abandoned buildings can be a refuge that frees our imaginations and offers the promise of new possibilities.
49. As a place for creative expression, abandoned buildings provide a space to think, relax, study, and daydream.
50. Abandoned buildings can be creepy, but they don’t have to be. They can become a beacon of imagination and discovery for visitors.
Quotes for Abandoned Places
As nature reclaims what’s been abandoned by man, it creates unique and breathtaking sights. These are sights that you might only see once in a lifetime. There’s just something about abandoned places that’s so aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
51. Though they are often abandoned and forgotten, abandoned places can provide a creative haven.
52. In every abandoned place is a story waiting to be told.
53. Abandoned places are like old friends. They seem a bit sad, but you know that they are happy to see you deep down inside.
54. These abandoned places have stories to tell. They’re like old friends – you don’t see them for years, then one day you look around, and they’re still there.
55. Your imagination is the only limit when it comes to turning an abandoned place into a showcase for your vision.
56. I’m in awe of what you can create when you aren’t afraid to start from scratch.
57. Lost in the maze of an abandoned place. I wish you were here!
58. America is a nation of abandoned places. If you’re looking for solace but don’t know where to find it, know that you are in good company.
59. Once a beautiful place with life, light, and laughter. Now just dust weathered paint and memories.
60. When a place has been empty for some time, it begins to look like nobody lives there.
61. When a home has been vacant for some time, it becomes increasingly difficult to imagine that people are living and loving within its walls.
62. When you’ve lived in the same place for years, it begins to feel like nobody lives there.
63. This place used to be buzzing with activity, but now it feels almost like a ghost town. I guess that’s the change we all go through in life.
64. Some things are better when left for the wild—like this abandoned place.
65. He traces the walls with his finger as if trying to find some missing puzzle piece long ago.
66. Life is best enjoyed with a picnic basket, two good books and a deserted spot for miles.
67. No matter how long it takes for the next person to arrive, everyone leaves their mark in abandoned places.
68. From the moment you step into abandoned places, each building has a story to tell.
69. Each abandoned place is a special place with a unique story.
70. There’s just something about abandoned places made for photography. Abandoned places will always have a story to tell.
71. Every abandoned building has a unique story to inspire.
72. Abandoned places offer a glimpse into the past and better understand the history and human behaviour.
73. You can learn so much about a place and a person by looking at abandoned places.
74. An abandoned place is a leftover of the past and an artefact of time. It can be calming, frightening, or even arcane.
75. When standing in an abandoned place, you feel the presence of the people who once passed through this space.
76. There’s no place like an abandoned place for adventure, danger, and discovery.
77. Wander through an old castle, a deserted subway station, or a deserted island and gain perspective on the world.
78. One thing that sets humans apart is our curiosity. Wherever we go, we love to explore and discover. And there’s no place better suited to explore than abandoned places, vehicles, and things.
79. Abandoned malls, schools and hospitals show a different side of civilization, a side that we all try to ignore.
80. Some abandoned places are like the people in our lives–we grow up, go away, and then realize how much we miss them.
81. Like you can’t wait to see your best friend after being away for too long, some abandoned places become special because of the memories you made there.
82. No matter how much time passes, an abandoned place that’s special never goes away. It stays with you–the people and the experiences we shared.
83. Some abandoned places are special. They haven’t changed; they feel like home and stay exactly how you remember them.
84. Things that were once familiar feel completely foreign. Suddenly there’s a hole where your home used to be. But sometimes you can find people and cultures that are still unlike anywhere else in the world.
85. Often, it is the most beautiful, the wildest places left behind.
86. For those who appreciate history, there’s no better place to be than at an old abandoned place. The stories of yesteryear and the experiences of people who had lived there years ago are enough to make someone feel nostalgic.
87. The old gold rush towns are filled with hidden stories. And these abandoned places make excellent hunting grounds for treasure and adventure.
88. Abandoned places are hidden gems that are waiting to be discovered.
89. Behind the footpath lined with rows of red flowers, an abandoned building still stands strong.
90. If these walls could talk, they’d tell you stories of laughter, love and a few ghosts.
91. I will return to you again and again, no matter how long it takes. Because, in the end, your broken walls stand strong against the test of time.
92. Roaming around a quaint place is the perfect way to spend the day. But sometimes, it’s the most beautiful, wild places that are left behind.
93. The world has an amazing array of natural wonders. It’s not always the most beautiful scenery open to the public.
94. The past is often found in the most familiar and ordinary places. It’s a discovery for the ages.
95. Sometimes, the most beautiful places are found in the most ordinary places.
96. You can find anything and everything in an abandoned place! How much do you know about it?
97. There are hundreds of abandoned places around the world. And they’re all interesting, eccentric – and naturally photogenic.
98. Abandoned places reveal their true beauty when you come back to them in time.
99. Abandoned places, when left alone, become natural homes to animals, plants, and even ghosts.
100. The unusual beauty of abandoned places seems to resonate with so many, and for a good reason. They take you back in time, showing you how things used to be.
Hopefully, you now have a new appreciation for the resulting art that often comes from abandoned places.
As you visit more of them, be sure to document your steps and post photos on social media.
Remember, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.
You can also hit the share button to share this collection of quotes about abandoned places with friends and loved ones.