20+ Samples of Opening Prayer for 60th Birthday Celebration
Birthdays are special days. And as we grow older, we see more reasons to stay grateful and to seize opportunities to celebrate being alive.
But beyond the good wishes, great company, and amazing gifts, the importance of prayers cannot be overemphasized.
So, if you're in search of opening prayers for 60th birthday celebrations, you're in the right place. Here are samples of 20+ opening prayers for 60th birthday celebrations, that can also double as guides for building your own prayers.
Contents on this Page:
1. Lord, it is a privilege, to be here today. It is humbling to see this day that you've made. And all we can say is thank you, Lord.
You've been kind. You've been merciful. You've been loving. You've been faithful. You've been a provider. You've been a protector. You've been a saviour. You've been a rock. Lord, you've been all these and more to us.
For the reason we are gathered today, we say thank you. For the wonderful celebrant on his 60th birthday, thank you. For all of us here, we stand grateful.
And we pray that today's celebration how's without problems. We leave here with the laughter and joy intact. And we pray that we have many more of this sort of celebration.
Thank you, Lord, for you hear us always. Amen.
2. Father, when we think of your goodness and faithfulness each day; we're convinced that is it not by who or what we do. It is solely by your grace that we are who we are and can do all that we do.
We are very grateful for the celebrant. We are grateful for how far you've brought him. We are grateful for 60 years of life and love. We are grateful you've put him in our lives; to remind us of you always. For these and many more we are thankful.
Thank you for today is a success already. We speak your tranquillity and knowledge in all of our activities today. Amen.
3. Lord, it's a privilege and honour to see another day you've made. We are glad and we are rejoicing in it.
You sit on the throne of heaven and use the Earth as your footstool. You are glorious in righteousness. You are fearful in praise. You are mindful of the world. You are He who takes a stroll in the belly of deep waters. You are alpha and Omega. No one and nothing compares to you.
We contemplate on all you do, and we are bursting with praises and great rejoicing. We contemplate on how you've spared Mama's life all these years, and we are humbled. We know that only you could have done this. And so, we say thank you. With all our hearts, we are thankful.
Even for today's celebration, we know that your presence is here already. And Lord we know that there'll be more years added to her 60 years already. In Jesus name; Amen.
4. Dear Lord, who is like unto thee in all the earth? Your love and beauty are matchless, and your worth is endless.
You love us like no one ever has. You bless us like no one ever has. You protect and provide for us like no one ever will.
Lord, we confess that we love how you father us, and especially today's celebrant.
Lord, we confess that no one will cherish us as you have.
No one will be an unmovable rock to us as you've been.
For all these and more, we're eternally grateful. And we pray that you receive all our thanks. Amen.
Lord, even in today's celebration, we know you'll guide us through it, and help us to enjoy it all. And we trust that there'll be more years added to her 60 years. In Jesus name; Amen.
5. Father, if our bodies were all mouths, it still wouldn't be enough to thank you for all you've been to us these years.
We look at Mama, and we see your handwriting upon her. We are thankful for the longevity of her life.
We are thankful for her family. For the love and togetherness that abounds amongst them. For provision and protection.
We are thankful for friends and loved ones. For those present and currently not here. Thank you for preservation and safety.
As we are gathered to celebrate Mama at 60 years, may celebration never depart from us. We see many years of this type of celebration. Amen.
6. Lord, thank you for today and for another shot at life. Thank you for the celebrant and 60 years of life, for the family, and for those gathered to celebrate with them today.
We ask, Lord, that today's celebration goes without a hitch. And that at the end, we'd have every reason to glorify your name. All these we ask in Jesus name; Amen.
7. Father in heaven, thank you for this beautiful day that you have made. We are glad and we rejoice in it. But we are most grateful for the reason for today's celebration- the celebrant. We are grateful for another year added to his 60th year.
And so, Lord, we pray that there would be more opportunities to celebrate him. We pray that everything we'll do here today, will be done without problems. In Jesus name; Amen.
8. Thank you, Father, for the laughter and joy that has already commenced in this celebration of 60 years on earth.
We pray that none of this diminishes in the course of this gathering, and in the lives of those gathered here today. In Jesus name; Amen.
9. For the opportunity to see today, Lord we say thank you.
For the opportunity to know and gather to rejoice with the celebrant on her 60th birthday, we are grateful.
For the food, drinks and company, we are thankful.
In the name of Jesus, I declare this gathering open. Thank you for answered prayers. Amen.
10. Lord, you are the beginning and the end. You are most powerful, both in heaven and on earth. When we contemplate your goodness and mercy towards us, we are in awe.
So, Lord, thank you for another opportunity to witness your goodness and mercy. Thank you for the celebrant and for this celebration of 60 years.
I decree, in the name of Jesus, that we celebrate without any problems. Thank you, Lord, for hearing us. Amen.
11. Lord, your word says that with good life will you satisfy us. Indeed, you have honoured your word in the life of the celebrant. And we trust you to add more years to her 60 years already.
Thank you because in this meeting, your peace and joy reign in every one of our activities. In the name of Jesus; Amen.
12. Father, it is you that gives colour and meaning to our lives. It is you that gives colour and meaning to -insert celebrant's name.
Thank you for the opportunity to celebrate this gift of 60 years, this beautiful person you have placed in our lives.
We pray that more of this opportunity avail themselves to us. And that today's celebration is done without glitches. In Jesus name; Amen.
13. God of awesome wonders. We are glad at another opportunity to witness your goodness and kindness in our lives.
Thank you for the celebrant and the gift of life you bequeath her every day. We know that your mighty hands will keep resting on her. Its 60 years, and we know we'll keep counting. Thank you, Lord.
We declare this gathering open, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
14. Heavenly Father, thank you for another day of celebration with Papa. Despite the odds of life, you've proven to us that you're a strong tower; that whoever runs into you is safe. And we trust you to keep him long after his 60th year.
We are grateful for the celebrant's life. We are grateful for the good company, and all you've provided us to celebrate with.
We ask that you have your way in this celebration, today. Thank you, Father. Amen.
15. Dear Lord, thank you for this opportunity to witness another birthday with Mama. Celebrating her on her 60th birthday is an opportunity we are both grateful for and are privileged to have.
Lord, we commit today's celebration into your hands. And we pray that you come and have your way in all of our activities. And at the end of it all, we leave here with great rejoicing. Amen.
16. Father, you've been our shepherd; guiding us through all life has thrown our way. You've been our shield. And you give us so many reasons to be grateful.
Thank you for the life of the celebrant, and for the opportunity to celebrate with her on her 60th birthday. We cover today's celebration and all that will ensue with the blood of Jesus.
Thank you for answered prayers. Amen.
17. Heavenly Lord, thank you for life, family, friends and loved ones. But we are most grateful for the life of the celebrant. 60 years of life couldn't have come from another other than you. For all that you do for her, we ask that you receive all our thanks.
We declare this celebration open, in that name of God the Father, God the Son, and hod the Holy Spirit. Amen.
18. Dear Lord, you have been so good to us, and especially in the life of the celebrant. We stay marvelled at your protection of us. We say thank you, Lord.
As we've started on the note of love, laughter and great company, we trust you to keep us this way even after we leave.
And for the celebrant, we trust you to keep her long after this 60th birthday celebration. And we trust you for protection and provision. Amen.
19. In the name of Jesus, we declare this celebration of 60 years open. We celebrate well, and we pray for more years for the celebrant. Amen.
20. Dear Lord, thank you for today's cause of celebration- Mama at 60.
Thank you for preventing terror and pestilence from coming to our dwelling place.
You've covered us with your feathers, and prevented arrows from comings m near us. Thank you for all these.
We ask that you take charge of today. In Jesus name; Amen.
21. We declare this celebration open in the name of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
As we've gathered to celebrate with her on her 60th birthday, we pray that there'll be more years ahead. Amen.
22. God of awesome wonder. God that giveth life. We thank thee for today. We thank thee for the many blessings you've visited upon us. But we are most grateful for the reason for the today- the celebration of Mama's 60 years birthday.
We ask that you take charge of today's celebration. Amen.
23. Thank you for another opportunity to be gathered to celebrate with this special woman on her 60th year birthday.
We ask, Lord, that long life be her portion.
May good health be her portion.
May we have reasons to celebrate her again and again.
Written By Eguzoro Sylvia.