Breakups can be devastating, especially if you’re not expecting them. If your relationship has ended, you may be feeling a wide range of emotions.
Life after a breakup is never easy. The months and years that follow can easily be one of the most challenging periods of your life — but it doesn’t have to be that way. There are some things you can do to make the post-breakup period a whole lot easier for yourself, too.
Don’t blame yourself for the breakup. It can be hard not to blame yourself when things go wrong with your partner but remember — breakups happen for many reasons other than any fault on our part. Things may have been going well for months or even years before the end came; maybe something changed inside one person that caused
Don’t try to rush things by moving too quickly into another relationship or taking part in activities that don’t interest you just because they might help distract you from your pain. Instead, give yourself plenty of time alone to reflect on what happened and why, try new activities and see friends who offer support rather than pity.
If you’re struggling with the breakup, or if you want to help someone else who is dealing with one, here is life after breakup quotes for moving on after a breakup.
Life After Breakup Quotes
Life After Breakup is a practical and uplifting guide that helps women to heal from their heartbreak, overcome pain and disappointment, and move forward with renewed confidence. Designed to help you get through your breakup and learn how to start over with a new life.
1. Life after a breakup is a mix of excitement and uncertainty, but don’t let the latter overwhelm you.
2. Life after a breakup can be hard, but life is still worth living.
3. Life after a breakup isn’t about “getting over it”. It’s about learning how to live with it, learn from it, and make the best of it.
4. Breakups are hard to shake, but life moves on. Sometimes the best way to move on is to start over.
5. When you’ve been broken up with (and are trying so hard to forget), the best cure is to go back to your old routine and try to make it work again. It’s just like a breakup!
6. Life is too short to worry about a relationship that ended. Focus on what you have ahead of you instead.
7. When you’re broken, you see life for what it really is. When you’re whole, you don’t.
8. Life can be better if you let it. There’s always another chance to make a new beginning.
9. Life goes on even after the breakup. So, let’s get back to living and celebrating life again.
10. Beating heartbreak isn’t always easy, but it’s worth every moment of the struggle.
11. When your heart has been broken, you will never be the same again. But don’t worry, it happens to everyone—once in a lifetime.
12. When you were together, you were the sun, and I was a planet orbiting happily around you. Now that you’ve gone, I feel like I can breathe again.
13. This is not the end of your story. The only thing that ends is you giving up. Breakups are hard but don’t let them break you.
14. Moving on is the hardest thing you’ll ever do, but if you want to make it through, try to think about those things that brought you here.
15. Life is to be lived, always. No matter what kind of life you have been living up till now, it’s time to let go of the things that you can’t change. The moment when we say “goodbye” to the one who broke our hearts is the most painful moment in our lives. But sometimes, it’s also the best moment when you decide to move on and start a new chapter.
16. Life moves on, and hearts heal. We’re just trying to get a little closer to the people who mean so much to us.
17. Life is too short to live without love. Life is too precious to stop living for someone who doesn’t deserve it. Life is too perfect to be wasted on a man who doesn’t appreciate it.
18. There are days when you feel like the world is heavy, but it can’t last forever. Life goes on, and so do you!
19. When the sun goes down, and your heart begins to mend, you can still feel, and you’ll be able to love again.
20. One should never give up on love. Never give up on hope, never give up on faith in the beauty and perfection of another, and never forget what is most important in life, and this is to live each day like it’s your last because it might be.
21. We all know: there is no one perfect person out there. But then again, there is no one perfect breakup either!
22. It’s okay to love again. It’s okay to be in love again. It’s okay to be single again. It’s okay to be whatever-else again too.
23. Life is all about second chances and first moments – Sometimes, the hardest thing to do is say goodbye.
24. When you love someone, everything changes. But when they leave, nothing changes.
25. Life is too short to spend it with someone you’re not in love with. Life is too short to waste time on a person who doesn’t make you happy.
26. Life doesn’t happen in a linear way. It’s like when you’re falling in love, it happens so fast and then it’s over… but meanwhile, life is just going on.
27. You’re so afraid that things won’t be the same without her. But they will be, and they will be better.
28. When the hearts and minds of others are in a state of flux, don’t try to fill their void. Let them do what they need to do. Give them time.
29. Sometimes, it’s the hardest part of life to let go of someone. But the reward is most definitely worth it.
30. It’s the hardest part of life. But the reward is most definitely worth it.
31. The hardest part of life is letting go. But trust that it is because everything is going to be perfect.
32. Letting go is one of the hardest things to do in life. But when you reach the finish line, it’s worth every second of heartbreak.
33. Getting over someone is hard, but it’s not impossible. Every day gets a little easier to move on.
34. It’s not easy getting over someone, but with each day, it becomes a little easier.
35. If you’re one of the lucky ones who’s been there and survived, you know how hard it is to break up and move on. But it’s not impossible, and with a little help, you can make it happen.
36. Although the pain is still there, every day may feel a bit less bittersweet.
37. You’re at an all-time low, but you don’t have to stay that way. You need to take action.
38. To move on is to forget. To acknowledge the end and begin again.
39. Breakups are hard, and the right move is to put yourself first.
40. I am making a change. I am moving on. I am taking control of my life by putting myself first.
41. After a breakup, it is important to have time and space away from your ex. This allows you to heal and become stronger before getting back into the dating scene.
42. As a rule of thumb, it’s best to wait 3 months after a breakup before getting back into the dating scene. This allows you time to heal and become stronger. It’s also important not to gloss over the breakup but face your emotions head-on.
43. Post-breakup, do not rush back into the dating scene. Take some time to heal and gain self-confidence again.
44. After a breakup, take time to heal. Don’t rush into another relationship just to get your mind off your ex. This is unhealthy and will ultimately lead you down the wrong path. Give yourself time to learn from this experience.
45. The heartache of a breakup doesn’t just go away overnight. It takes time to heal and become strong again. Make sure you’re down for the count before you start looking for someone new.
46. Don’t jump into a rebound relationship after you’ve been dumped.
47. If you’re still hung up on your ex, you need to move on.
48. The first step after a breakup is to take time to heal and gain strength.
49. After your last relationship, you want nothing more than to take some time out of the dating game to prove to yourself that you can still be strong.
50. After your last relationship, your confidence is at an all-time low. But you know better than anyone that you’ve got this.
51. Finally, you’ve decided to take a break from dating. You want some time to recharge and explore what life can be like on your own again. You want to take this time to find out who you really are and what you really want in the future.
52. When your last relationship ended, you took a long hard look at yourself and decided, “I’m done with this.”
53. Single and ready to mingle – we have the app for you!
54. It’s important to spend some time recovering from a breakup, before you start dating again
55. You’re not going to allow this person or event dictate your life. Callous, cold and heartless; these are words rarely used to describe you. You’re about to take your power back and reclaim your happiness.
56. I’m not going to allow this person or event dictate my life. Callous, cold and heartless; these are NOT words used to describe me. I’m about to take my power back and reclaim my happiness.
57. In all that you do, you remain true to yourself. You’re not going to allow anyone or anything to dictate your life, especially not this person or event.
58. You’re the one in control. You’re the only one responsible for your happiness. Don’t let anyone tell you differently. It’s time you take things into your own hands and get yourself back on track.
59. Don’t let anyone or anything make you feel small. You have the power to take control of your life back, no matter how bleak it may seem… This is a time for you to take a stand for yourself and your rights, raise awareness around your issue, and speak up for all who have suffered or are continuing to suffer from the same injustice.
60. This past experience doesn’t define your future. You have the power to choose how you react and who you become as a result.
61. Life’s too short for a bad breakup. Tell them how you really feel, because no one will care how it ended up. Say it loud, and say it proud.
62. Breaking up is hard to do, but divorce is even harder. It’s time to put an end to your misery.
63. I feel so free and happy; it’s like I’m not even the same person anymore. I see the world from a brand new perspective…Everything is beautiful now that we’re apart.
64. It gave me a sense of liberation and the feeling of being a different person. Before him, I never thought that I could feel like this. I was happy and carefree.
65. She’s the definition of an on-trend fashionista; lately, she’s been experimenting with a grunge look, which is really working for her.
66. You will get a new life with more opportunities to find the perfect man that treats you like a princess.
67. No matter how much you love him, no matter how many excuses you make, and no matter how irrational your feelings are, the truth is your relationship is doomed to fail.
68. When you’re ready to move on and start again, remind yourself that you are stronger for being in a relationship.
69. I don’t want to be angry anymore. I just want to move on. I want to live life without any regrets and with no bitterness towards anyone.”
70. Just Live Your Life. It’s a journey, not the destination.
71. It’s not that I don’t love you, but it’s just that I love someone else.
72. No matter what happens, you’re going to be okay. And so is everyone else.
73. I am sorry. I never meant to hurt you. But I am so happy that we’re friends again.Life is a journey, not a destination.
74. The best way to forget someone is to remember them.
75. Life After Breakup: The only thing that’s sure is Uncertainty.
76. Breakups are hard, but you’re not gonna die. You need to bounce back and keep moving forward.
77. Life can suck sometimes but don’t fall apart. It’s okay to cry and feel hurt, but you’re going to move on.
78. When you’re feeling down, and you have no options, hope is the only thing that can save you. Reach out to your friends
79. It’s not easy. You’re crying, you feel absolutely terrible, and you’d like nothing more than to bury your head under the covers and cry your heart out.
80. Perhaps you’ve been hurt, lied to and cheated on. What’s the purpose of allowing such experiences to leave you scarred for life? You will get over it one day.
81. Your first breakup can be the best thing that ever happens to you. Learn from it, grow from it and then find your new love.
82. When you’ve been broken up with but still want to hang out with your ex. Breakups are hard, but moving on is easy.
83. The truth is, there’s no such thing as being too broken up. Being coupled up can be a lot of work that often doesn’t really make you happy. But it doesn’t mean you got to throw out your relationships—it just means you may want to give yourself some space to figure out what you really want from life.
84. The truth is, a lot of people aren’t honest. It is possible to be linked up and not really be happy. The good news is there’s no such thing as being too broken up by someone. It doesn’t mean you got to throw out your relationships it just means you may want to give yourself some space to figure out what you really want from life.
85. Trust me when I say, the break up is never easy. We are all trying to find that someone special and sometimes it just doesn’t work out. But trust that you will land on your feet, in time. Whatever you do, don’t throw away your relationships; they are your best relationship teachers.
86. Break-ups suck, but they don’t have to make you feel awful.
87. Don’t listen to society’s nonsense about how being in a relationship = complete bliss. Life’s more than that–you got to experience the good, the bad, and all things in between.
88. There comes a time in every adult’s life when they realize they are not content with the relationship they are currently in. Most people eventually choose to settle, never experiencing true happiness. If you do not take any immediate action, you will soon find yourself caught up in the same basic routine that you have become accustomed to.
89. You are not alone in your feelings. You are not alone.
90. It’s not that easy to get over someone who broke your heart, but in time you will learn to live without them.
91. It is never too late to find love again. Life is too short not to be in love.
92. Life is short. Break the rules, make your own style, and never forget to live a little.
93. When life gives you lemons, add vodka and mix it up. You’ll see, and you’ll be alright.
94. You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. It’s not what you wear, it’s how you feel.
95. It is so important to find your own voice because when you do that, you will know who you are and be more confident in yourself.
96. You will survive the break-up whether you want to or not.
97. Life is a gift. Breakups happen. There’s no shame in being single or ending a relationship. You can always make another one happen, even better than the last one…
98. Life is a gift. Breakups happen. Don’t be afraid to get going again right away!
99. The best thing about life is that there are always new chances to get back on track. At times, you can feel that you’ll never meet anyone else who can compare to your ex. Then one day, someone walks up to you and falls in love with you even more than they did before. After all, we don’t know what the future holds. So let go of the past, get out there and try again. You never know what wonderful surprises are around the corner as life unfolds.
100. There is no joy in being single. You should make an effort to see another person as soon as possible, possibly someone who can make you happier than your previous partner.
101. Being single sucks. You should tell someone you like them as soon as possible by finding out their personal information and chatting with them, hopefully, someone who gives you butterflies and would make you happier than the last person you were with.
102. This is not a case of needing to get some fresh air so it won’t be too boring. You simply must find someone who can make you happier than your previous partner.
103. You should never be single. It is healthy to have more than one person that you can share your love with.
104. Forget waiting around to meet someone who will make you happy. Life is short, and you deserve happiness now.
105. You might already know about the advantages of being in a relationship. They say it strengthens your self-esteem and makes you feel happy and fulfilled!
106. Love will come back to you. There are many others out there. Have no fear; move forward.
107. End your failed relationship with Break Up Emails. Increase your chances of finding a new love interest by expelling yourself from your previous relationship.
108. Have you tired of the same routine in your relationship? Do you feel trapped in a box? Break Up Emails can get you back on the move with an easy-to-send breakup letter delivered directly to your loved one.
109. Breakups aren’t always bad. It’s how you handle them that matters.
110. It doesn’t always have to end in heartbreak. It all depends on how you look at it.
111. You don’t need to be stuck in a relationship you don’t want to be in – it’s your life, not theirs.
112. The most painful part of a breakup isn’t the event itself it’s the time that follows.
113. Ending a relationship can be painful, but knowing what to do after a breakup will ease the pain.
114. Breakups are hard. It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it right now. I promise it will get better.
115. Breakups are hard. It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it right now. I promise it will get better as your body adjusts to not seeing that person every day.
116. It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it right now. I promise it will get better.
117. This breakup is killing your confidence. But it’s not your fault. You didn’t do anything to deserve this. Yes you cry, but the tears will stop, and you’ll be happy again.
118. You’ll always be my best friend. I will support You in any way that you need. You’re stronger than you think.
119. You’ve been hurt, and you’re struggling. You feel like everything has fallen apart, and you don’t know how to move on. Those feelings will pass. The pain will fade, and with it, the memories.
120. I’m here for you. I’ll listen to you whenever you feel like it. We can call or send a text message as frequently as you’d like. I will help you get through this crappy time.
121. It’s not how long you’ve been together; it’s whether or not you still love each other.
122. Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right and forget about the rest
123. When your heart hurts, there is no better coping mechanism than to remind yourself why love happened the way that it did.
124. Life is too short to be living someone else’s dream. Live your life with passion and purpose!
125. Life goes on. But sometimes you need to stop, look back and say, ‘damn, I’m glad that happened.’
126. It’s not the end of the world. It’s just a phase. You’ll get through it, and when you do, you’ll find new love.
127. Life is too short to spend without someone you love. Life is short, and you should make the most of it.
128. Life is too short for the wrong person. The right person will make all the wrong things seem right.
129. The best way to predict the future is to create it.
130. The only difference between a successful person and others is that successful people don’t give up.
Remember that this life after breakup quotes is a quote to reflect on yourself and your relationship with others. Think about what happened in the relationship you have just been through and use this experience to help better yourself as a person . . . The most destructive thing would be to hold onto the relationship and continue with the same patterns. The way that you are feeling right now is temporary, and you will get through it. Don’t let these feelings take control of your entire life; that is something that will prolong your recovery period.