Running a small business can be tough, especially with the added pressure of increasing competition. In order to grow your business, you need to focus on what it takes to succeed. Some entrepreneurs need help in this area.
Those who succeed in crafting a business plan and turning it into a successful enterprise conquer many doubts and fears, like managing cash flow, marketing to customers and overcoming competition. But sometimes they just need a little push called motivation to keep running the race.
Business owners are often overwhelmed with balancing work and life. That’s why it’s important to always set aside time to reflect and be inspired by powerful quotes.
Therefore, I’ve decided to compile the best of all inspirational quotes for small business owners. These quotes are to motivate and remind small business owners that many others have been where they are now.
Inspirational Quotes for Small Business Owners
As a business owner, you don’t need anybody’s permission. Don’t wait for opportunities; make them. It will never be a dull moment as long as you are willing to work hard and dedicate yourself to your business. It may be small now but will get big with time.
1. In business, you’re going to have ups and downs. But no matter what, you can’t give up or give in. Never stop chasing your dreams and never stop believing in yourself.
2. Don’t listen to the naysayers. It’s your business, so own it. Be proud of what you do.
3. You won’t find your perfect business or the perfect employees—you have to create them.
4. Great entrepreneurs are always seeking opportunity and pushing the envelope of creative business thinking.
5. You will face many challenges in business. All you need is a breakthrough to succeed… It’s just another one of the hurdles.
6. You will always have another chance to succeed, but if you fail to use your opportunity now, you may never get it again.
7. Make every day one to remember. Work on making your business and life a reflection of the values you hold dear.
8. Don’t just dream about your ideas. Go out and make them happen.
9. Life is too short to be ordinary. Go and do something amazing! Go from good to great.
10. Your glory days are right around the corner. Don’t let someone’s ignorance or negativity put out your fire, keep burning.
11. It doesn’t matter where you are in life, what matters is that you’re making a positive difference where you are.
12. You can achieve pretty much anything you set out to do, as long as you don’t put restrictions on yourself.
13. Don’t be afraid to launch. Don’t be afraid to fail. Don’t be afraid to succeed. Good things come to those who hustle.
14. A successful small business owner focuses on the quality of their products and services, not just the quantity.
15. Be bolder than others think practical. Care more than others think necessary. Dream more than others think sensible. Expect more than others think possible.
16. Worrying offers no solutions to problems. It merely keeps us occupied and stresses us out.
17. Owning your own business is an adventure, a journey—not every day is easy. But the challenge has its rewards.
18. Here’s the thing about owning your own business: there is no one to protect you from yourself.
19. You don’t own a business, your business owns you.
20. Your business can be everything you want it to be if you’re willing to work at it. However, it takes more than a plan. It takes action.
21. It’s easy to get started, but hard to be successful. Don’t give up.
22. You can make it happen. Don’t let your mind run the show. It’s your time. Own it.
23. After years of hard work and dedication, you will be reaping the rewards. So keep pushing forward.
24. To live a life less ordinary, settle for nothing less than extraordinary.
25. Some things in life are not within our control. But if you work hard, and work smart, you will be able to achieve your goals.
26. Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
27. Don’t be afraid to push past your comfort zone—in grooming, style, and in life. Always Keep on Growing.
28. Let the moments inspire you and stand for something bigger than yourself.
29. Be a trailblazer—not a victim. Take charge of your career and future.
30. You have to believe in yourself. That’s the secret.
31. You don’t need to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
32. Thoughts are things, so think big and be grateful. Thoughts have a frequency that is picked up by the subconscious mind, which causes things to come into being.
33. How does it feel knowing that all your hard work is paying off? Pretty damn good, I think. Don’t give up.
34. Creative vision without the will to execute it is a daydream.
35. Because the hustle never stops. Keep on Pushing. All great journeys begin with a single step.
36. To be a business owner, is to have a love for what you are doing.
37. Keep going. Don’t be afraid to fail. The things you want most in life are often just beyond your fears.
38. Be passionate about your business. Your enthusiasm for what you do will fuel your passion for life.
39. Business takes guts, a plan, and resilience. Never Give Up.
40. No matter what your goals are, never give up. Believe in yourself, and you can achieve them.
41. When you begin to see your own flaws in your business, that’s when you truly start growing.
42. The ability to persist in the face of failure is more important than the success itself.
43. If you go into a field that excites you, chances are you will find the work rewarding.
44. You are already the CEO of your life, now be the CEO of your business.
45. You have to spend some time alone every now and then. True creativity comes from that space where you connect to yourself.
46. Work hard, be creative, and know that your work is making a difference.
47. If you think your business is too small to innovate, you have never been in a fight with a skunk.
48. You’ve got to do what you’ve got to do. The good and bad news is, that it’s already been done.
49. The best way to achieve your goals is to never stop trying.
50. Don’t let the fear of failure stop you from taking that first step toward your dreams.
51. If you have a business opportunity, don’t be afraid to step in and make it happen.
52. Life is a journey, and the path you choose is yours to create. Set goals and be determined to achieve them.
53. Groups of like-minded individuals can work together to make the world a better place.
54. Go for it! Have a mind of no mind. Let your life flow naturally out of you, like the water from a fountain.
53. Don’t give up on your business, It’s always darkest before the dawn.
54. Be a bringer of light. Be a force for good. Be a catalyst for change. Be an absolutely killer businessman.
55. Don’t let fear hold you back from the life you want to lead.
56. Tired of being a slave to the corporate grind? Create your own business, one that is as unique as you are.
57. Small businesses are the heart of our communities—don’t give up on yours!
58. Don’t be afraid to dream big, you never know when an opportunity is going to knock
59. Believe in yourself. Be kind to your customers. Always be honest and never give up.
60. You have to believe in yourself. That’s the secret of success.
61. Never let the what-ifs hold you back from the what-will-bes.
62. The key to success is making a series of small efforts every day.
63. Know that you are not alone in the journey of your small business. Becoming a boss isn’t easy, but there are rewards.
64. Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience, just as nothing can substitute success. Don’t just hope for success, work for it.
65. Success without happiness is meaningless. If you love what you are doing, you will be happy, and success will naturally follow.
66. Be determined, be brave, and never lose faith in yourself.
67. Many people are scared to death of failure. But if you’re not pushing yourself to be uncomfortable, how could you ever know what is truly possible?
68. Seek to accomplish something in silence and let your hard work be your only appeal.
69. When facing a large obstacle, a bold approach will help you get through it.
70. Tough times never last, but tough people do—Keep doing what you’re doing, you are awesome and inspiring!
71. Stay true to yourself and your clients, and you’ll go a long way.
72. You don’t need anyone to tell you who you are and what you can do. You are enough, right now, as you are.
73. Time is a cruel thief—it steals your memories, your youth and your confidence. But you can steal back these moments by creating beautiful things.
74. Your business is only as good as the number of people you have helped; never forget that.
75. Growing your business requires a lot of discipline, common sense, and know-how. Be prepared to take risks, look at the downside but keep going forward.
76. You’re never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
77. You’re always right where you need to be, sometimes you just don’t know it. Be bolder than yesterday.
78. Chasing your dreams doesn’t mean you’re weak. It means you’re strong enough to chase them. Work hard and work smart.
79. Start every day with a grateful heart and be thankful for the many opportunities that you have.
80. You are responsible for the energy you bring into your business. If you want to bring positivity, bring it; if you want to bring progress, bring it.
81. A small business is like a ship; if you don’t keep adjusting its sails, it’ll never get anywhere.
82. As an entrepreneur, nothing is more important than self-investment and the willingness to learn.
83. What you do today can improve all your tomorrow. Work hard and play harder. Whatever you are, be a good one.
84. In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than the fear of failure.
85. Small business owners have a unique ability to adapt, grow and change with the times. Being nimble is what makes us strong in these uncertain times.
86. Behind every successful business is an entrepreneur with a story to tell. Stories, like businesses, are built one day at a time–and it all begins with an idea.
87. Don’t let anyone discourage you—you’re the only master of your destiny.
88. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
89. With hard work, the impossible is just a few steps away.
90. Some days you may feel like there are too many obstacles in your path and it’s just not worth the hassle, but always know that every obstacle is a stepping stone.
91. Failure is important in life because it teaches us to try again, and no one can succeed at everything.
92. Most small business owners don’t take the time to step back and reflect until it’s too late. Take a moment to appreciate everything you’ve accomplished, and celebrate what lies ahead.
93. You’re never too small to have a big impact, and you’re never too big to keep things simple.
94. The entrepreneurial journey is not a sprint, it’s a marathon. But with the right start, the right foundation, and the right support network, you can really make an impact in your community and make that change you want to see in the world. Remember to always Keep on Growing
95. The best business isn’t one where you never make a mistake, it’s one where mistakes are just learning experiences along the way.
96. Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.
97. Give everything you’ve got. It’s the only way you’ll get it all back.
98. Hold the vision, create the plan and then let go. Visualize the end result – but don’t worry about how you will get there.
99. Nothing is impossible – just think about it and try to put in the work.
100. If you focus on the things you can control, then you have a better chance of achieving the outcome that you want.
As a small business owner, these inspirational quotes are an awesome way to keep your fire burning so that you don’t burn yourself out from running (and working) your business.
They can be great reminders of the goals and ambitions you had before starting a business, or they can inspire you to create new ones.