Telling someone you will love them in sickness and in health is a serious commitment. It is one of the most important promises you can make to your partner, as it means you will support them through all the ups and downs of life. It is a popular saying that has been around for many years, and it can be used in a variety of situations and is often used as part of a wedding vow or during a proposal.
When you tell someone that you will love them in sickness and in health, it means that no matter how sick they get or how much it affects their life, you will always love them. It’s a promise that you make to each other when you’re planning on spending the rest of your lives together. You are promising to care for them when they are sick and be with them through both good and bad times. If you say it’s forever, then it is forever.
This is not just something that’s said because it sounds nice; it’s something that people want to believe about their spouse. Unfortunately, when it comes to love and marriage, things don’t always work out as planned. People change over time, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. That can put a strain on any relationship — even one where you pledged to love each other “in sickness and in health.”
Below is a collection of in sickness and in health love quotes that you can use to serenade your partner with your intentions to always stay by them.
In Sickness and in Health Love Quotes
I can’t imagine life without you. You are my best friend and the most amazing man I’ve ever met. You have always been there for me, even when I never deserved it. I will love you in sickness and in health. Today, tomorrow and forever more.
1. I just wanted to remind you that I will love you in sickness and in health. You mean the world to me, through all of our ups and downs. I am grateful to have you as my husband, lover, companion and friend. Love you always!
2. Through the good and bad, I will be there as your best friend, supporting you through every step. I will love you through sickness and in health. My love for you goes without saying. I promise to be here.
3. I will love you unconditionally. I promise to be by your side when you are happy, in sickness, and in health. I promise to love you until my last breath. I am so lucky to have found you through a friend. You have made me smile once again and I cherish every moment I have with you.
4. In sickness and in health, got you. The good times and the bad, that’s the real deal right there. You’re always good for a laugh when I feel blue and you’re just so damn cute! I love to come home to you curled up on the couch with a blank stare on your face watching reruns while you wait for me.
5. I had never felt so much love until I met you. You are my favourite person in the world. When I look into your eyes, I feel like I’m home. There is no one else out there for me. You are the love of my life and always will be.
6. If you are in pain, I will do everything in my power to help. If you are happy, we will celebrate together. Through good times and bad, I will be there to support you. You can always rely on me.
7. I know that you are only human and that we all have our bad days. No matter how hard things get, and no matter what is going on in your life, I will always love you in sickness and in health.
8. Our friendship has grown so much over the last two years. I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. I love you. In sickness and in health, I will always be by your side. And even if we spend many years apart, my heart will always be right here with you.
9. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky to find someone as incredible as you. You are loyal, kind and loving. You always have time for me, even if you are busy with work. I don’t know how I can ever repay you for all your sacrifices, but I am willing to try!
10. We all have good times and bad, but at the end of the day, no matter what, you are the one that I want to share my life with. When I look into your eyes, I see love and loyalty. When I’m with you I feel like a better person. I know things aren’t always perfect and we fight for silly reasons. But at the end of the day, no matter what, whether or not we got what we wanted or accomplished, I will love you in sickness and in health.
11. Seeing you standing there, waiting for me. You look so stunning. I can’t wait to get lost in your eyes. Your eyes are so full of life, passion, and love. We can be together every night staying up till the morning light. I will be yours forever and a day!
12. I will love you in sickness and in health. I will love you when you are sad and too all the way too happy. I will love you for the rest of my life no matter what will happen, because I do not want to lose you because I did not speak out my thoughts, feelings, and emotions that I have for you now, soon and forever.
13. I know that I will love you through all the sickness and health. I can’t think of anything else that could ever tear us apart. I will love you every day of your life. Thank you for making me a portion of your amazing life.
14. My dear sweetheart, I chose to write you a letter today because I want you to know how much you mean to me and how much I love you. You are the most wonderful person I have ever known. You have made my life complete and more enjoyable than I ever dreamed possible. In sickness and in health I will always be by your side helping you overcome any obstacle that comes your way. Your love is so pure and caring…it blows me away.
15. Every day I am reminded of how lucky I am to have you in my life. Yesterday we said our vows and promised to be there for each other, today we renew our vows with a promise to always be there no matter what. Our love isn’t just meant to last as long as we are together, but forever. My only wish is that you will realize how much joy you bring me, and know that I will always appreciate everything you do for me.
16. Whatever life sends our way, I will always choose you. I will stand by your side through the good and bad times. We have been through thick and thin, but our love has stood the test of time and distance. You are my forever and I will choose you every time. My one true love and soul mate, my best friend. You are perfect just the way you are.
17. You’ve been there through all my ups and downs, you’ve supported me through the good times and bad. I’m so thankful that even though our relationship has changed and grown over the years, one thing has stayed the same, you are always there for me and I love you for that.
18. Our love is strong, it’s been through a lot. This is why we’re going to last. I want you in my life forever! We’re not going to give up easily! Everything I do, I do for you. You are my best friend, my soul mate and the love of my life. I don’t know where I’d be without you, thank you for being there for me. Thank you for always listening to me no matter what the circumstance. I will love you in sickness and in health.
19. I love that we are still doing what we’ve always done and we’re finding more and more to do as a couple. In sickness, I love looking back at photos of us from way back, in health, I see us smiling together on top of the world. You’re my best friend, my partner in crime, my lover, my rock and my support system; My everything! And I wouldn’t have it any other way.
20. We have known each other for a long time and I will always treasure our friendship. The support and love you show me have made me a better person and I will never stop being thankful for it. This is a thank you note from the bottom of my heart, you are a blessing in my life.
21. I’m not going anywhere. I want to tell you, you will always be with me. When you’re sick, when you’re healthy and when the world seems like it’s falling around you, know in my heart I am there and I will help pick up the pieces. You are my best friend.
22. I see you as my best friend, companion and lover, who is always there for me, and who is willing to share everything with me. You are my support, my inspiration and my strength. I am sharing my life with you and I am happy that I have you.
23. I will love you in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, from this day forward. The more I think about it, the more I know that there is so much ahead for us.
24. I know that my friends will stand at my side throughout my journey, and I will stand here for them. I promise to be there for you when it matters most; I’ll love you in sickness and in health, for better or worse, through the good times and the bad. That’s what friendship is all about.
25. I am just writing this letter to make a promise to you: I will always stay by your side through everything. I love you with all my heart, and no matter what comes our way, I will be with you until the end. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I could never ask for more. To my sugarplum, please take care of yourself so I can take care of you.
26. I know it’s a bit cliche, but I really mean it. We have been together for a long time and I know our bond will only strengthen through the years to come. Just wanted you to know that I am here for you eternally and there is nothing that can make me leave your side.
27. Family is really important to me. I’m so thankful to have someone like you in my life to love, care for, and support. You make my life complete. I look forward to our future together as best friends and partners.
28. You let me know that my life isn’t a total loss. That I am beautiful and worthy of love. Being with you makes my days brighter and filled with so much love. My heart is yours forever!
29. When things are going well, I fall more in love with you every day. When times get tough it is your hand that I want to hold. I will never leave you when the world seems full of problems and my soul feels tired. Your smile will always be enough to keep me standing tall. I will love you in sickness and in health until death does us part.
30. No matter what life brings us I will stay by your side. I will be there for you, through sickness and health, through good times and bad. I promise to love you with all my heart. You’re a part of me and I love you forever!
31. I can’t promise you a perfect life. I can’t make all your pain go away. I wish I could take away everything that brings you sadness and make you forget the bad times, if only for a moment. All I can promise is that I will be by your side through it all. When we’re old and grey, sitting in rocking chairs on the front porch, you’ll still be my best friend, my lover and my husband. I will love you in sickness and in health.
32. I find myself thinking about you more and more every day. You are such a special person to me. I never really believed in true love but now that I found it, I will love you forever as long as we both shall live. You are wonderful and I cannot imagine my life without you in it.
33. I love you, and I will always love you. It will never change, even when the people around us say that we are not meant to be, I will fight it with all I have. Even when the world stands against us and separates us, I will keep fighting and prove everyone wrong. I will do everything in my power to make it work because with you it feels right.
34. It took me a long time to tell you this but I love you with all my heart. You are so amazing and I am glad to have found someone like you. Someone who doesn’t care that I have children from a previous relationship. Someone I can count on, to be honest, and faithful and someone who understands me when no one else does. I will love you in sickness and in health.
35. Being with you is perfect. I wouldn’t change a thing about us. These last few months have been the happiest of my life. I am so close to losing my mind wondering if you feel the same way. All you have to do is say the words and we are living on an easy street baby!
36. I will love you in sickness, and in health, for richer or for poorer, till death do we part. I was a coward in love until I met you. You showed me what it is to give my heart to another person. I have found what I always wanted but never knew, my soulmate.
37. I will love you always and forever, in sickness and in health. May we journey through life hand in hand. I will take care of you always, trust in me, as I will never leave your side. I promise you, my love, forever and always.
38. I said those words to you and I meant every single one of them. These last two years haven’t been easy, and I know that through everything we will make it together. We’ve had some hard times, but with our love, we will get through anything. I promise you now, I will stand by you in sickness and in health until death does us part. You are my best friend, my rock, and the love of my life.
39. I know that our love is so strong that we will make it through any sickness or health. I have faith in our love that no matter what we will stay together and love each other to the end.
40. You’ve proven to me that you aren’t perfect, but that who you are is perfect for me. Thank you for always making me smile and laugh; those are the best gifts anyone could ask for! I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you.
41. I’ll never forget our first time together. It was such a magical moment for me. You have no idea how you made me feel. I have never felt so safe and so secure in my life. You make me feel like I can do or be anything in the world. I cannot express my gratitude enough.
42. I will love you in sickness, and in health. I’ll love you for rich, and for poor. I’ll love you on duty, and off. I’ll love you with all my heart, until the day when our souls part ways.
43. I will love you through sickness and health, we have been through so much but our relationship is still growing stronger. We have been together for years and I have never loved anyone more.
44. I want you to know how much I love you. Through the good and the bad, our love grows stronger every day. I promise that I’ll love you always and that no matter what life brings us we’ll always be together.
45. I love you so much that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. With each passing day, we grow closer and closer. I can’t think of another person in the world who I would want as my partner. I want to care for you, protect you and treat you like my queen no matter what happens.
46. You are my best friend, the person I want to grow old with. I love you so much and only wish the best for you. I see a long wonderful future in front of us filled with happiness and love. Never forget that I am here for you always.
47. I hope these words I write will show you that I love you and want to be with you forever. Love conquers all. It is a strong power that nobody can control. It is a good thing because without it life would not be worth living…and I know mine wouldn’t be without you, even in sickness and in health.
48. When you’re too weak to shower, I’ll wash you. You’re too tired to read, I’ll read to you. When you can’t speak, I’ll talk to you. When your breathing stops, I’ll bring you back to me. And in sickness and in health, I will always love you.
49. I will love you in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, as long as we both shall live. The first day I met you, I knew we were going to be together forever. Our friendship has brought us to this point and I thank God every day that I have the opportunity to be with you. We make a great team and I thank God every day that He gave me a chance at having the greatest love of my life.
50. I will love you in sickness and in health. I don’t care what weight you gain or lose, how much sleep you get, how stressed out you are or how bad you are moody. I love you as an individual, flaws and all. Your messy bun, messy closet, silly laugh and all the madness that is my best friend. I just can’t get enough of the craziness that is YOU!
51. I am committed to you in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, and I will love you every day of my life. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I cherish your love more than anything.
52. Every day with you becomes better and better. I love when we’re together, I love when we’re far apart. Your pictures brighten my phone and your letters brighten my heart. You mean the world to me and I just want to be there for you always. I promise to always love protect and stand beside you in sickness and in health.
53. I have enjoyed the past two years since our friendship began. I look forward to the future with you. Life is not just about good times and memories, but how we treat one another through the bad times. I promise to always be there for you in sickness and in health! You are a special person and I want to thank you for everything.
54. I have known you for a long time and I appreciate every minute of our relationship. You are strong, kind and beautiful. You are different from anyone I have ever met. When you are happy, I am happy. When you cry, I cry with you. And when we talk, it makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.
55. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you, like the stars above and I will love you until the end of time. You mean so much to me, more than anything in this world or any other. My heart beats only for you.
56. I know that we’re just friends and that you’ve never likely to be more than that, but I needed you to know that I love you. You’re my best friend. I’d do anything for you and if I could choose between your happiness or my own, I would choose yours every time. Our friendship is one of the most rewarding relationships in my life and you mean more to me than anything.
57. Through the good and the bad, through sickness and health, I will love you. Through trouble, heartache and happiness, I will do always for you. I will be what you need: a friend when you’re lonely, a lover to comfort your worries, and a soulmate forever.
58. I will love you in sickness and in health, in richer and in poorer, till death do us part. And even then I’ll still have feelings for you probably after that. I look through your eyes, and all my dreams come true. I’m so lucky to have found the love of a best friend that I can truly count on. And that’s why my vow is true.
59. I will love you in sickness, and I will love you in health. I don’t need money to spend my life with you. I don’t need gold, diamonds, or fancy cars. All I need is good enough for all of me. As for any questions about my marriage; They’re always about money problems and poverty issues. Maybe that’s because wealth pulls us apart.
60. I promise to stand by you through the best and worst of times. The tears, happiness and laughter. I promise to comfort and support you as we go through life together in sickness and in health. I am so lucky to have you in my life and want you to know that you are everything I’ve ever wanted, need and more! Till death do us part!
61. I’m so glad that we have found each other. You bring love into my life, and I know that no matter what happens I will be content as long as I am in your arms. You are my Mr Right and I hope that we will be here for the rest of our lives – through sickness and health.
62. There isn’t much more to say than I will love you every day for the rest of my life. I am so happy with where we are now and can only see our relationship getting better. You are my best friend, my lover and my soul mate!
63. I will love you forever. I won’t take my love for granted. When the days are rough and the world lets you down, just know that I will always be there to hold you. There’s no secret way to say it though. I love you!
64. Our vows were just a formality because I had loved you long before we ever met. My whole life revolves around you. I count the very seconds till we are together again, not a moment goes by where you don’t cross my mind. I will love you with all of my heart, in sickness and in health.
65. I will always love you. Through all the good times and bad, we have been through, I have always, and will always love you. Even when you are too stubborn to admit that I am right and you are wrong, I will still love your crazy ass.
66. I will love you in sickness and in health, for better or for worse. I will be here no matter what may come. I love you to the ends of the earth, and back again.
67. I love you so much, and I will be by your side through the good and bad times. You have a heart of gold and I love each and every part of you. I look forward to many more years of happiness with you.
68. I have always loved you, from the moment I first saw you… and I just keep loving you today. I will always love you, through sickness and in health, whether we are clothed or unclothed, richer or poorer, happily married or miserably single.
69. My darling, I love you so much it hurts. And I’ve worried about us so much that it’s my turn to face the demons inside. I just want you to know how much I love and appreciate every moment we get to spend together, and all the things that you do to make me happy! Reminds me how blessed I am to have you in my life.
70. If you love me as much as I love you, then everything in life should be easy. I will always love you and make sure you are happy. If anything ever happens to you, I’ll be the first person to help nurse you back to health! (Hopefully, this doesn’t happen too soon.) Love.
71. I know that we don’t always see eye to eye and that sometimes you drive me crazy. It’s not often easy for us to spend time together, but you are still the most amazing woman in the world. We have been through so much together, from laughter and tears to smiles and frowns. You have been there for me through everything, even when it seemed like I had nobody. I’m so lucky to have such an amazing wife who is willing to spend her life with me.
72. Even when I am old and grey, my love for you will never fade, and when the time comes for us to part I promise it will always hurt. When we’re apart I force myself to fall asleep thinking of ways to tell you that I love you. When it is late at night and I can settle down, I start to sing a song softly, hoping that you’ll hear me and know that I am there. I will love you in sickness and in health.
73. You are my all, my everything. There is no one I would rather be with than you. You give me something to look forward to every day and bring me joy. I wish I could spend every moment with you because time just flies by so quickly! You are the love of my life and my soul mate. You make everything better and guide me in the right direction. You mean more to me than anything and I am so lucky to have you as my husband.
74. I will love you in sickness and in health, through good times and bad, from this moment forward and forever. We two were meant for each other from the start to the very end. Thank you for being a part of my life.
75. I will love you in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse. I will love you if we are together and I will love you if we are apart. I will love you always and forever, from the bottom of my heart because that’s how much I love you!
76. I promise you that I will love you in sickness and in health. No matter if you’re healthy or sick, I will stay by your side through everything life throws at us. You’re never alone as long as I am around.
77. I will love you in sickness and health. I will love you when we are rich and when we are poor. When we are up, and when we are down. I will love you today and tomorrow in the sun and rain, for better or for worse…on our wedding day, as long as we both shall live!
78. I want to thank you for always having my back. You are one of the most loyal people I’ve ever met and I admire that quality in you. You have always been there for me when I needed you and without fail, you will always be there. The world would be a much worse place without you. So with that being said, I promise to cherish and love you in sickness and in health.
79. I will love you through sickness, in health, when good times are rolling and when difficult times come. We will brave whatever challenges our love may face, and together as one, we will prevail.
80. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without you here by my side. I love you so much! The time we spend together is never enough and I have to say goodbye eventually. But no matter where life takes us, know that I will always love you.
81. No one knows me quite as you do. You are the most important person in my life, and I need you to know that I want to spend forever with you. The thought of loving anyone else doesn’t even cross my mind. Forever starts now!
82. I will love you in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, to love and to cherish. You are my one true love and I would never want to live without you. You make me incredibly happy every day and I wouldn’t change a thing about us.
83. I love you now and for the rest of my life. I know things will never be smooth and that we will have our disagreements and rough times, but I want you to know the next time you are feeling alone, lonely or depressed that I will always be here loving you just as much as I did when we married. And when things get tough, if our love can survive the war, then it can survive anything.
84. We are facing some serious challenges right now. This is a tough time for us, but I won’t stop fighting for our love no matter what. I will only grow stronger, and so will our love. I know that no matter what you and I will make it through together. No matter how dark the nights seem now, I want you to remember that the sun will rise again tomorrow morning just like it always does! I’m here for you no matter what!
85. I want you to know that I will love you in sickness and in health. I promise to be here for you, not just when things are good, but when life gets tough too. No matter how long we’re together, my love for you grows more each day. I care about your dreams and watch them come true! You are a dream come true, so don’t forget that… ever!
86. No matter what life deals us, I will love you. In the great times and the difficult ones. When things are easy and when they are hard. No matter if you are sick or well. I will be by your side no matter what because you are the love of my life.
87. I hope that I can show you how much I love you, and like there is no tomorrow. Our love is something I could never live without. I will be here for you through thick and thin. You are my everything, I can’t do this without you now and forever more.
88. I don’t say it enough, but I am very much in love with you. For better or worse I will love you to the end. I will be right by your side, no matter what life throws at us. You are the most important person to me and you are my best friend.
89. I heard that statement and have always loved it. I have had a few illnesses here and there, but nothing serious. I hate to say this, but I cherish our fight against sickness. We stick together through everything. Our marriage has been full of laughter, joy, and sadness. I wouldn’t trade in any of it for anything else.
90. Oh sweetheart, I know you better than anyone else in the world. There is so much to love about you and your brightness has brought me so much joy over the years I would cry if I knew how to. I hope you gain all that you’re seeking, and find all of your heart’s desires.
91. I will love you in sickness and in health. I will always be there. Together we can get through anything that comes our way. I promise to cherish you and protect you always no matter what. Thank you for being there for me when I need you the most.
92. I love you only more now that I lay you down to sleep at night because every night I know we are closer to tomorrow when we can be together again. While you are away, I will love you in sickness and in health. In this promise lies my deepest desire for our time apart: to remain close, loving, and supporting each other.
93. I will love you in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, until death does us part. And throughout it all, my love for you will never falter. You are my best friend, my lover, my life. You mean everything to me and I can’t wait to start our future together!
94. I will love you in sickness and in health, through sunshine and rain. I’ll cherish you always, and stay by your side as long as I live. We may not have riches but our love is true. We do not have mountains of gold, but to me, you are worth more than all of it.
95. As my husband you have set an example for me with how hard you strive for better in your career and for our family. Your warm heart, loving embrace and incredible passion make everything we do so much more fun than it could ever be without you. I love you more than anything my sweet husband!
96. I will love you when we’re sick and hassled, in a hectic day and a restless night, when our minds are boggled and bodies are tired. When we get older I want to hold your hand, and I want to be the one you continue to want to live for. You will always own my heart and forever be my wife. We were put together for a purpose and whatever lies ahead, I know I am the luckiest man alive.
97. I didn’t know where I was going when I started dating you. You saw something in me that I never saw, and for that, I will be forever grateful. You have taught me to love myself and you have helped me become a better person. Thank you for the encouragement and for being the best support system I could ask for. I love you.
98. I know that our lives will never be perfect, I know there will be more good and bad days. But I cherish each one of those days that we have together. I promise to always love you, I will stick by your side because I am meant to be yours.
99. I’ll be there. Any, and all moments of every day. To share your laughter and your tears. No matter how bad it gets. I will be there, through thick and thin. In sickness and in health, till death do us part.
100. There are many things that I do for you, for your happiness and well-being. But there is nothing I can do to stop you from getting sick, it’s something we both got to live with. And as much as I wish I could be by your side every day to take care of you, I have some things to take care of here as well. And so do you. We’ll never be together in body but we will always be together in spirit!
101. I love that we can be the best of friends and talk about everything. I think you are a wonderful husband, lover and friend. There is no one else in the world I’d rather grow old with. I hope we have many more years of tomorrow together because I just love you so much!
102. I am so lucky to have you in my life. You have given me so much and I don’t deserve half the love that you give me. Thank you for being such an amazing friend, a great listener, a sensitive soul and giving hearted lover. I could never ask for more.
103. In sickness and in health, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer…..and most importantly….to love and to cherish. I know you will always be there for me no matter what, my love, I couldn’t ask for a better wife! Some people say that it’s only when you are sick do you realize how much your loved but I tell those people they don’t know what they are talking about. Every day more and more I am realizing how much I love you.
104. In sickness and in health, I will love you because you are my best friend. Our love is eternal and undeniable. May our relationship last for many many years. I will stay by your side through sickness and health so that our love can grow stronger through the hardships of life. I will keep you happy and healthy even when things seem at their worst.
105. I will love you in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer. You are the most wonderful person I have ever met, kind-hearted and patient. I can’t imagine a life without you. I do not know what I would do without you by my side to support me in everything I do. My friends love you, and my family loves you. They all think that you are one of the best men they know and I agree! We were meant to be together.
106. In sickness, I will love you. My love for you is unconditional, especially during the hardest of times. I will be there to hold your hand, wipe your tears and listen. You’ve been my best friend since day one and no matter what, that won’t change. I ain’t giving up on you!
107. I know that you always have my back and I’ll always have yours. You are your own person, and that makes you perfect for me. Even when we both are in a bad mood, your carefree attitude helps me brighten up. I love everything about you, and could never change one thing if I tried.
108. You have been my friend and companion whenever I needed you the most. I couldn’t have done it without you. You took care of me, loved me and treated me like a queen. I love you so much and I always will.
109. I am so happy that I have found you. You are my best friend and there is no one else that I would rather be with. It is your smile, your eyes, your hair, but most importantly it’s the person you are inside. You have a heart of gold and I am so lucky to know you.
Hello there! I hope your partner gets to smile after reading any of those in sickness and in health quotes from you. Please do well to share the post with anyone who might be interested. Thank you.