Journaling, note-taking, and expressive writing are very helpful for learning and knowing yourself. Journaling has been shown to be extremely effective in all kinds of fields, including medicine, education, psychotherapy, and spirituality. Journaling allows you to link ideas between areas of your life you might not otherwise see the connection.
For some people, writing in a journal is a way of life. Some people never miss a day. Writing in a journal gives them focus and clarity, makes their thinking clearer, and provides a way to organize their thoughts. Others do this too, but for them, it’s just something they tried once, then stopped when it turned out that it didn’t suit their styles or personalities.
To many, journaling is simply another way to communicate with people. If you’re very introverted–if it takes a lot of energy for you to talk to other people, then a journal may be the best way for you to get what’s on your mind out there.
Alternatively, if you’re the type who always has something to say and loves to talk but sometimes finds it hard to follow up on things after you’ve said them, then a journal may be a tool that helps you focus your ideas. Either way, while writing in journals will probably not help you become less shy or more eloquent, if those are problems for you at all, doing it regularly can be good training in both disciplines.
Most of the time we write about how we feel and how the day was. But sometimes we really need to express ourselves, but don’t know how to do that. If you feel that way just start writing what you are thinking. Let it all out with the help of the list of quotes to write in journal below. They are inspirational quotes to include in your journal.
Quotes to Write in Journal
Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don’t and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance to make it happen, grab it with both hands.
1. You’re never too old to set another goal or dream another dream. You just have to keep believing in yourself and the power of honest hard work.
2. Find your inspiration in everything you do and say. We are the only ones who can make a difference. Let’s go make something great happen.
3. The most important thing to me is a meaningful life full of purpose and adventure. I am a work in progress. I have the power to be better every single day.
4. Don’t be scared to chase your dreams. Just remember that anything can happen if you believe in yourself enough. The way you see it, the way you feel about yourself, and the way you live your life is the only real thing that is yours.
5. Remember to never give up on yourself, especially if you’ve been where you think you can’t. You’re going to be a better person for it and grow in ways you didn’t even imagine possible.
6. I am the sum of my experiences, my failures and my mistakes. But they are also what make me who I am and help me grow.
7. The best way to predict your future is to create it. Your future is what you make it. Believe in yourself and you will build the life of your dreams.
8. I am beautiful. I am smart. I am talented. I can do anything that I set my mind to, and I work hard for what I want.
9. We all have goals and aspirations to be the best version of ourselves. If you want to achieve success in your life, then start by thinking positive!
10. I am a work in progress. I am always evolving and growing as a human being, as a person. But I’m also learning and getting better every single day.
11. Life is a series of moments, each one of them is unique and worth savouring so it doesn’t get too easy to appreciate the beauty.
12. I make my own luck, I don’t wait for it to find me. Life is a journey. I take every step with care and remember to enjoy each moment along the way.
13. When you wake up in the morning, don’t focus on what’s happened. Focus on what you’re going to do.
14. There is a time for everything under the sun. The time to plant and the time to reap. The time to laugh and the time to mourn. But always remember, the best way to find yourself is to be lost in the service of others.
15. There are times when you just need to look inward, reflect on your life, and remind yourself that you can do anything. Life is too short to be anything less than your best self.
16. I’m not defined by all the things that have happened to me, but by all the things I choose to do. I keep doing what I do and I don’t let people’s comments get to me.
17. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
18. The most powerful tool to succeed is knowing that you have a choice, but it all depends on you. Happiness is not a destination, it’s a journey.
19. Wherever you go, there will be challenges, but the biggest risk is not taking any risk at all. There is no place in the world that’s more dangerous than where we think we are safest.
20. Life is like a book. The most important thing is to read the first chapter and try to get to the second one before the end of it. The journey is the reward.
21. Don’t ever settle for less than you deserve. Believe in yourself and never give up on your dreams. Dare to dream big, aim high and never stop believing in yourself.
22. I am living proof that anyone can be successful if they work hard and believe in themselves. Life is what you make of it. Be inspired, be encouraged and have a great day!
23. Savor your life. Cherish every moment and make each day count. You are not a product of your circumstances…but rather the result of your actions and choices.
24. Let me be the first to say: You can do anything you put your mind to. Trusting in the process and trusting that things will work out is a form of self-love.
25. I am always the one who loves to make mistakes, always the one who tries again. The only limits in life are the ones we set for ourselves.
26. You don’t need a lot of money to buy happiness, but you need enough to buy a little bit of time. It’s not what you have that matters, it’s what you do with it.
27. Don’t think, just do. Find a way to make the most of every day and live the life you have imagined. You are not what you do. You are what you overcome.
28. There is no greater power than the power to create. The power to design and create entirely new things. We are all makers of our own lives.
29. Life is better when you believe in it. Life is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the journey and stop trying to find your way.
30. Never apologize for being you. Never make excuses for your choices, and never change yourself just to fit in with someone else’s idea of what is cool.
31. The only way to grow is to push your limits. Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient data.
32. If you always put your best foot forward, it’s likely to remain afoot. Inspiration doesn’t happen overnight, it comes from the heart, from your passion and from a willingness to do what you know is right.
33. You’ve got to chase your dreams. You’ve got to find your own truth. And you can’t do that unless you fall off the map, and get lost in the process. Don’t let the past hold you back from your future.
34. Life is a journey, not a destination. The important thing is to make the most of the trip. You don’t have to be perfect, but you do have to try.
35. There is no better feeling than a job well done. The greatest gift you can give yourself is the ability to choose happiness. You’re not a victim, you’re an athlete.
36. Happiness doesn’t depend on a single day of your life. It depends on the quality of your happiness over many days, weeks and years.
37. The best way to get good at something is to start doing it. We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
38. The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. Nothing is impossible with God. The best thing in life is to find your passion, follow it and do it with all your heart.
39. There’s no better time to do great things than the present. Life is an endless series of choices, so make your own.
40. When you’re on the road of life, there’s no such thing as a mistake. Only lessons you learn from it.
41. When you look back on your life, don’t just reflect on the good things—reflect on how you made it through the hard things.
42. We all need a little reminder that the road ahead is always changing and full of twists and turns. Let’s keep pushing forward, together!
43. It is not what you get, but who you become that counts. You don’t have to be perfect to be great. You only have to do your best, which is much better than doing just enough.
44. It’s funny how one little word can make all of the difference. It’s so easy to get caught up in the busyness of life, but it’s important to pause and be grateful for what we have.
45. The only time a person’s truly happy is when the sun is shining, the birds are singing and he’s working in the yard.
46. The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. You make your own destiny, you are the only person that can change your life.
47. You are not your problem. You are not your job. You’re an individual who chooses your responses to circumstances and events, so choose wisely.
48. When you’re working hard and you get knocked down, don’t get up. Get back up and keep going.
49. Let’s all make it a day where we’re not afraid to be ourselves, let go of negativity, and live in the moment. No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.
50. The most beautiful things in life are those that make you feel something more, even if it’s just a little bit of joy.
51. You don’t always have to achieve your goals, but you have to keep going. Life is better when you are happy and confident. Keep Learning. Keep Growing. Keep Shining.
52. Your gift to the world is simply being yourself. You don’t have to be afraid of being different. It just means you’re a good person, and that’s something worth celebrating.
53. The best things in life are worth waiting for. Life is full of forks, but only one road leads to where you want to go. Take the time to enjoy the journey instead of looking back on all that’s been left behind.
54. Life is a garden. Plant seeds, water, and feed it. Don’t wait for spring – water now. Don’t let your life get in the way of your dreams.
55. I believe in myself. I have the power to change, grow, and be happy. Every day is a new beginning, and every moment is an opportunity.
56. Make a change. Make it happen. Make your dreams come true. Life is a series of choices. Embrace the adventure and make the right ones.
57. Life is full of little choices. Some are easy. Others are hard. But it’s how you choose them that defines what kind of life you lead. So I guess the only choice that matters is: How do you make your life great?
58. Life is a series of choices. Some are harder than others, but the only choice that matters is the one you make with your heart.
59. We live in a world that seems increasingly complex, but it is also one built on the foundation of love, faith, sacrifice and hope.
60. I know that failure is an opportunity to begin again, and success is the result of continuous effort.
61. Don’t get caught up in the noise around you, they are only distractions that prevent you from realizing your potential.
62. There are two ways of not seeking the meaning of life. One is to seek it in yourself, the other is to seek it in things.
63. Life is not a matter of holding on, but of making the best use of every moment. Great things come from small beginnings.
64. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. Live the life of your dreams. See it, feel it, touch it. Live It!
65. We have to be willing to trust in the universe and our own abilities. We have to be willing to let go of fear and self-doubt, which is something we all struggle with at times. But what I can tell you is that you are brave, courageous and strong, even when you feel weak or scared.
66. In every moment, at some point, you have to decide if you’re going to let fear hold you back or if you are going to push forward and take the chance of stepping into your future.
67. We can’t see the future, but we can choose to live in this moment. And that’s all anyone can do.
68. Life is an adventure. When you step out today and take the next step, you’ll be taking one of your biggest adventures.
69. You won’t know how to live until you’ve experienced the depths of your own darkness. But it’s also where you discover the light.
70. There are no rules to greatness. You must accomplish it yourself. Happiness is not a destination. It’s a journey.
71. We are the change we need to see. When you become too busy for your own happiness, you lose sight of it. The world is your oyster and you can take it one step at a time.
72. It’s not the destination that matters, it’s the journey. Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It’s already tomorrow in another place.
73. If you think you can’t, you probably can’t—but if you think you can and don’t, you will probably be right.
74. Think outside the box. Train your mind to be curious, creative and innovative. You are never too old to set another goal or dream. You will reach it if you don’t give up.
75. When life hits you with a ton of grey clouds, you take one look around and realize that somehow it’s golden.
76. Remember: Making the most of every day, is more important than making every day your best day.
77. Waking up in the morning knowing that tomorrow is another day with possibilities can keep you going when days seem like they’re stacked against you.
78. You cannot change your own past, but you can change how you look at it. Life is a journey, not a destination.
79. We are all born creative, but society doesn’t care about us. Don’t let them take your creativity from you. Keep going strong!
80. Be the change you want to see in the world. Be the person that inspires and motivates others to be better.
81. The greatest discovery of my life has been that if you wish hard enough, then success is the only option.
82. The best way to motivate others to continue their work is through your own example.
83. Remember, when you tell yourself you can’t do something, it’s just a sign that you really want to. Don’t let fear hold you back. Do it anyway.
84. Life is too short to live in small, ordinary moments. Cherish every moment of it. When you’re tired, the world looks more beautiful.
85. Life is not a spectator sport, get involved and make it count. This is what you must do. This is what you must become. You are not yet complete, but now is the time to begin.
86. Life’s greatest lessons are learned from failure. Everything you have and everything you are is a blessing.
87. Life is a journey, not a destination. Be kind to yourself and others when you make mistakes along the way.
88. You have the power to change your life and the lives of others. Practice kindness, forgiveness, and compassion!
89. Your goals are like obstacles on the road . . . you will pass them only when you realize that nothing is possible without the commitment and hard work.
90. You will be faced with challenges that may seem overwhelming. But ultimately, the only thing that matters is how you choose to perceive them and whether you will overcome those obstacles.
91. Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
92. The only way to keep failure from ruin is to keep trying. If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
93. Inspiration can be found in the smallest of moments. Be kind, think positive, and remember to always smile.
94. The best way to reach your goal is to keep trying. If you don’t try, you’ll never know. If you do try, no matter what happens, it will have been worth it.
95. If you want something done, ask a busy person. If you want it done right, hire a busy person.
96. You can get through anything when you have the right motivation, a little help from your friends, and a little bit of faith.
97. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Keep on believing, keep on dreaming, and keep on working hard to achieve your goals.
98. Sometimes the simplest task requires the greatest effort. You can have everything in life you want if you will just help other people get what they want.
99. Choose to be happy. Choose to be a positive influence. Choose to spread this message of love and positivity!
100. The most beautiful thing in the world is knowing how to be vulnerable and still stand tall.
Writing in a journal every day is one of the best ways to gain self-knowledge and keep track of your progress. It’s easy to do; it doesn’t require much time or effort; and even when it feels useless, it actually is doing you quite a lot of good.
Every person has at least one thing they think about all the time. Writing your thoughts down initially and then returning to these notes later, you will be forced to pick apart and examine your own thoughts further and thus improve your thinking processes and total well-being.
If you are here for quotes to write in journal, by now, I’m sure you have gotten one or more to make your diary inspiring.