If you are scared to love again or start a relationship, it means there is a scar in your heart that makes you feel that way. Past experiences in relationships of losing someone to death, betrayal, or break-up may shatter you and, make you cautious to love again.
It’s natural to be scared and hold back. You may find yourself waiting before jumping in full force into another relationship because you don’t want to just fall for the next person and for you, there will be only one special person.
Losing someone special or having gone through a heartbreak should not discourage you from falling in love again. Heartbreak is not the end of your life. You can fall in love, again and again. Sometimes, it becomes too difficult to get over a painful breakup. But a great relationship can start if you allow yourself to fall in love with someone else, who could make you forget the pain of losing someone special.
To all those who are scared to love again, here are some quotes about being scared to love again to help you out because with risk comes reward.
Scared of Love Quotes and Sayings
The key to finding love again is to know that it’s your heart that’s healing, not you. You’re not over him or her because your mind doesn’t want you to stop talking about what happened. That’s not you getting over it, it’s you trying to rationalize why you should be scared to love again after being hurt so badly.
1. Sometimes, love can be a risk worth taking. When you try to cover the pain of a broken heart by pushing away from anyone who might care about you, it leaves you all alone with no one and nothing but your fears to keep you company. But if you fight your fears, pain and loneliness, if you stand up for what does work and believe in other people’s ability to love again and again, then love will walk right back through your door.
2. It’s not easy getting over a heartbreak, but let’s stop calling it that! There is no such thing as ‘broken heart syndrome’ because love and relationships won’t come with a warranty. We all feel sad and depressed after we break up with someone, but love is worth the pain.
2. If we deny love that is given to us, if we refuse to give love because we are scared of loving again, then our lives will be empty, our loss greater.
3. A broken heart is a painful thing to deal with. The memory of the bad times will always be in our heads, but we can’t let that hold us back because love is worth the pain.
4. When you overcome the fear of being hurt again, it is easier to embrace love.
5. Love hurts, but it will mend your broken heart and you will cherish the love you experience.
6. Love is a beautiful thing. There is nothing in this world that compares to love. You will learn how beautiful the heart of another can be when you allow yourself to love again after a heartbreak.
7. It takes a lot of strength to be vulnerable and open up to someone new after losing a special one or being heartbroken by someone you love.
8. Overcoming the fear of being hurt again can be very difficult. But once you’ve got over it, you will realize that it won’t be so bad and the pain is worth it.
9. Life will always bring heartache, but it’s not always a bad thing. Even if you experience a broken heart, you can use that as motivation to love harder in the future. Don’t give up on love!
10. Cleaning out the old love and starting fresh will allow you to meet the one who is perfect for you. So don’t be scared if you have a broken heart, just go with it and see where fate takes you.
11. Love is the most beautiful feeling in the world, but it can also be the most painful. You must be open to receiving love as well as giving love.
12. Let’s face it: love is a scary thing. Maybe you’ve been hurt before, maybe you just feel like things are too uncertain you can’t let your guard down, it’s normal, we’ve all been there. But you need to open your heart again and start loving! You need to let go of the past, stop playing it safe and, love again.
13. After you get over the fear of being hurt again, you will realize that love is worth the pain!
14. You deserve to be happy, no matter how much the loss of a loved one hurts, there’s nothing wrong with dreaming about your next great relationship.
15. It’s a scary thing to love someone after a breakup but, you have to trust them and hope they will be there for you when you are at your most vulnerable and afraid.
16. When you’re in love and then it ends, it can feel like a hole has been punched into your heart. You may wonder whether you will ever love again, but the truth is that, with time and patience, you will find love again.
17. Love will find you like a river finds the sea. You just have to let go and be open to receiving. It’s a beautiful process as long as you don’t get caught up in seeking out the perfect person for you. Love will bring you your soulmate when it’s time.
18. You’re stronger than you think. Love is worth waiting for.
19. No matter how scared you are, love can find you like a river to the ocean. You just have to be open to receiving and allowing love to flow into your life in its perfect time.
20. Somehow, I found you in the whirlwind of my life. That’s why it hurts so much that you decided to leave. Thank you for teaching me what love feels like and, how special it can be. Now my heart is broken and I will need to learn love all over again.
21. There may be a lot of pain and tears at first but, they teach you to appreciate the little things in life, to accept your scars and, to realize that it is what it is. After some time, you begin to move forward, see the world in a different light and work out who you are without the relationship.
22. When you’ve been hurt, don’t keep hurting yourself by holding back from love. Get ready to open your heart again and find a partner who won’t break it.
23. Don’t let heartbreak keep you down. You still have more to give and more love to find, so don’t give in. Move on and open yourself up for a new relationship.
24. Love doesn’t have to be hard. Love happens when you least expect it and it can surprise you even when you’ve been hurt before. There is a chance for everyone to experience love and happiness again.
25. Second chances are hard to come by. Sometimes, even the greatest love of your life can slip away from you. Whether it was a brief love or one that lasted for years, sometimes all it takes is just one more chance.
26. Love is a powerful thing, and it can happen in the most unexpected places. Don’t be scared to love again.
27. I believe that your loved one is alive in your heart and nothing can change that. You just have to accept it and, move on with your life.
28. I am just scared to love because every time I seem to fall, it never lasts one bit; it hurts.
29. Mostly, I think I am scared to love because no one has ever caught me whenever I fall, never once.
30. I have wondered how to get over that feeling of being scared to love again, then I realized loving is always worth every pain you get.
Afraid to Love Again Quotes
It’s not hard to understand why some of us are afraid to open up again after a break-up, but we can’t let the fact that our heart is broken keep us from living life. The truth is love is worth the risk! After all, it’s not like you completely suck at finding love.
31. Moving on is not an easy thing to deal with. When something like a breakup happens, it can be really hard to get over it. All the bad memories and feelings can keep haunting you. But you have to keep in mind that love is worth fighting for. The sweet moments are worth the pain.
32. Loving again may seem like a scary thing to do, but you are rewarded tenfold when you open yourself up to another person and let them in.
33. Everyone wants to love and be loved. But sometimes, people are afraid to love again after a breakup. Sometimes it’s a question of being loved in return.
34. When you find love again, it will be stronger, better and fuller than before, because you will be wiser.
35. Before you can finally move on and find new love, you need to let go of your past old love first. You don’t want your past old love to control your life and keep you from finding new love. You need to be willing to let go in order to move on. If you are ready for it, there is a new chapter of your life opening up for you.
36. Don’t be miserable and sad that it is time to move on. Be open and you will find someone who will love you for you.
37. It’s not always easy to let go of a relationship that once meant everything. The key, however, is to realize that there is no point in trying to hold on. They were obviously not right for you and they will never change. The sooner you can accept this and open your heart to love again, the sooner you can find someone better who won’t hurt you.
38. When your time comes, love will appear as if it has always been there. You’ll be open to receiving your soulmate. You just have to be patient and accepting.
39. Are you looking for love again? Everyone deserves to find their soul mate. Your heart will heal and, the right person will come along.
40. Once you get hurt by someone, the best way to get over them is to realize that you deserve better. You deserve someone who will bring joy and love into your life, not pain and misery. So get ready to open your heart again and find a new partner who won’t break it.
41. You are at a crossroad. You must make a decision to learn how to love again or shut the door on love forever.
42. At some point in everyone’s life, everyone has been hurt by someone. But we all have to move on from that and start loving again. It’s not easy, but knowing that there are people who care about you will make it easier.
43. It may be hard to believe at first, but love is worth it. Give yourself time to heal and move on, let the next heartbreak be one step closer to finding your happy ending.
44. You deserve to be treated right, so stop settling for less and open your heart to true love again.
45. Rejection from a partner can be extremely painful but, you will find love again and, the next time you’ll do a better job of picking out a partner.
46. You may be nervous because you’re breaking up, but remember- it’s not the end of the world. Keep in mind that everything happens for a reason and there will always be someone to help you find happiness.
47. As long as you open up to the possibilities and let them happen, you will find love. Be ready to receive and don’t worry about how it will come to be.
48. Love hurts, but it will heal the wounds that are hurting you right now. Hang on and let love mend your broken heart.
49. If you are going through a break-up, it feels like you will never love again. A broken heart is like that, missing a piece of you. But a broken heart will heal and, you will find love again.
50. Love will find you, one day you’ll just turn around and, suddenly, he or she will be there. Trust the universe to bring you together and then take it from there.
51. You might be crying, but don’t give up! Sometimes love works out, and other times it doesn’t. It all depends on how hard you try and the work you put in. So, keep calm and carry on.
52. Yes, it’s difficult to let go. Yes, you’ll feel a void. But the healing is worth it. Don’t wait, love again.
53. Romantic love is like an addiction, you can’t make yourself fall out of love, but once it fades into nothingness, you wish you never fell in.
54. Life is too short not to open yourself up to the possibilities and happiness that love can bring. Live a second chance at love.
55. It is not just all pain in love, and you get to have spring days too, so it is worth being scared for.
56. I’m scared of falling in love. I know what people are. I know what they can do. Being in love means being hurt beyond repair. And I am already broken enough.
57. I am still getting used to the feeling of being in love again so I’m still a bit more than scared to love.
58. You see, I know that you have your fears of getting hurt and the like but you have to be strong.
59. I believe in love and yours is out there. It might be somewhere you haven’t even dreamed of yet. When you find it, it will be worth the wait.
60. I can’t bear seeing myself in pieces anymore, which made me so scared to love again.
Scared to Love Again Quotes
You’ve been hurt before and you’re scared to let your guard down again. It’s a painful thought, but the truth is, now more than ever you need to learn how to love again!
61. Life is short. Grab the moment and love again. The heart of another can be beautiful.
62. Love hurts, but everyone deserves to be in love. Don’t give up and you will be able to experience true love.
63. I’m not scared of commitment, I’m scared of putting my all into someone and ending up with nothing again.
64. You don’t need to be scared, you can find love again. I’m just like you, I’m trying to start again. I have changed my name before, I was just living a lie.
65. Those who are scared to love will eventually find the person that will make them rethink it.
66. If you do not give up hope on finding love, you will meet someone who is as much in love with you as you are with him/her.
67. Don’t let your ex keep you down. Love is an amazing and wonderful thing and you deserve to be happy, which means that you have a right to be with someone who treats you well and makes you happy.
68. Don’t be scared to love again, not everyone is your ex.
69. If you know that you are capable of giving love and being loved, you will be able to find love again.
70. You may have had your heartbroken in the past, but you will be able to love and be loved again.
71. I’m scared to love you but I’m even more scared of walking away.
72. Don’t let yourself be sad and disappointed of being shattered. Accept the truth then, move on. Be open to a new relationship.
73. I’m scared to fall in love again because I don’t think I’ll ever be good enough to keep someone forever.
74. I am just a little too scared to get close because everyone who said they’d be there left.
75. True love is rare, and it’s something that must develop naturally. But when you do find it, you’ll be swept off your feet.
76. What happened in the past is gone. You cannot bring it back. It does not matter if you were the one who was wronged or the person who inflicted pain on someone. But what matters more is what you do now and how you handle the past.
77. Now you are scared to love again. One day, someone special will come into your life and make it magical.
78. Isn’t that what love is? Being scared, then being brave, because of that one person.
79. I am just scared to love because every time that I seem to fall it just never lasts one bit, it hurts.
80. True love is real, and when you find it, you’ll know. It’s the greatest gift you’ll ever receive.
81. It’s okay to be scared and, it’s okay to have some tears. But don’t let yourself be stuck in sadness. Take time for yourself if you need to grieve, but don’t let it consume you. You can find love again.
82. The higher the walls you build around your heart, the harder it will be to fall in love again.
83. One day that one special guy will come along and sweep you off your feet, and it will be anything but a fairytale.
84. Maybe I’m just afraid because honestly, right now, I can’t afford another heartbreak.
85. No matter how many times you’ve been disappointed or how much it may have hurt when things went wrong in the past, your heart will be open when you find true love.
86. So many people are scared of being hurt that they close themselves off from being loved.
87. For the rest of your life, there will be plenty of second chances to find love. Don’t wait too long and waste those opportunities. Open yourself up to the possibilities and happiness that come with love.
88. I believe in love – true love. But you can’t force it and you can’t rush it. And one day, your prince charming will come.
89. I over analyse situations because I’m scared of what will happen if I fall in love again.
90. It’s not how many times you get rejected, it’s not how it may have hurt when things went wrong in the past, it’s your heart that will be open when you find true love.
Afraid to Fall in Love Again Quotes
To move on from a relationship that has ended, you’ve first got to accept what happened. Cry, scream and grieve – it’s okay. If you’re sad, be sad. If you’re angry, say that too. Be true to yourself and do not feel pressured to put up a front if you want to mourn the loss of your ex. But once you let yourself be who you are and embrace those negative feelings, you can stop being afraid and fall in love again.
91. Romantic love is like an addiction, you can’t make yourself fall out of love, but once it fades into nothingness, you wish you never fell in.
92. Everyone deserves a second chance at love and happiness, you don’t have to be afraid to fall in love again. There is someone out there for everyone, you just have to find your soulmate.
93. Emotions are hard to read and even harder to understand. But there’s no shame in falling in love again after a heartbreak. It takes a lot of courage to be vulnerable and open up to someone new.
94. Love knows no bounds and crossing paths can lead you into the arms of your soulmate. Never be afraid to take a chance on love.
95. Don’t dwell on the past. Love is a habit, and habits can be broken. Try to focus on what’s ahead instead of what’s behind. Focus on moving forward and don’t be afraid.
96. The way to find love again is to believe in yourself and then be ready to meet that special someone who will make you laugh and feel special.
97. Breaking out of your comfort zone is tough. But, if you want to find love again, you can’t stay in the same place forever.
98. I can’t fear falling in love again forever; I need to make my move and make something different.
99. You’re not alone. Everyone has been hurt and rejected at one point or another. But the truth is, if you want to be happy, you’re going to have to love again.
100. Sometimes, what you’re most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.
100. Sometimes, what you’re most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.
101. Love is the purest form of the heart and soul. It takes two to create such a beautiful thing, so please don’t be scared to fall in love again.
102. Love will hurt because you can’t love without any risk, but believe me, it is going to be worth it.
103. Love is a precious thing, and to lose someone special is a sad place to be. You can heal by falling in love again.
104. Love is unpredictable. When you least expect it, when you think you have given up on love, someone special can cross your path and change your life forever.
105. Learning to love again takes time and practice, just like learning how to do anything.
106. True love is the type of love that grows over time. It’s rare and special, but it can happen to anyone who is open and willing to recognize it.
107. Falling in love again doesn’t mean you will find happiness. True happiness comes from knowing yourself and your strengths when it involves love and relationships.
108. No matter how many times you’ve been hurt or how lonely you may have felt when things didn’t work out in the past, you’ll be swept off your feet when you meet the right one.
109. It doesn’t matter how much time has passed since your breakup, everyone deserves to be loved again.
110. If you’re tired of having your hopes dashed, your heartbroken, and your expectations lowered, get ready to fall in love all over again.
111. Don’t shut love out for the sake of pride. Don’t allow the pain of a broken heart to bring you despair even if it takes some time.
112. I’m not afraid to fall in love. I’m afraid to fall for the wrong person again.
113. Love knows no limits and no prejudices. It is filled with trust, it dares you to go after what you want, and it offers the greatest gift of all – the promise that there’s an end to loneliness.
114. While it’s impossible to forget your ex or erase the memories, you can realize that you deserve better. Open yourself up and find someone who will bring joy and love into your life.
115. The way you’re looking right now, you probably think that you’d never find love, but believe me, it will happen soon.
116. Once you’ve been hurt by someone, it’s the best time to open your heart up and love again. If a previous partner did not respect or appreciate you, then it is time to find someone who will.
117. It’s okay if you’re wary. You’ve been hurt before, but now it’s time to find love again.
118. Staying hurt forever after a breakup is not the right way to deal with it. Every person deserves a second chance at love and happiness. Before you close your heart and become cynical, get over your past and be ready to love again.
119. True love is hard to find, but when you do, you’ll fall fast and hard.
120. Open yourself up to new people and experiences. When you do, you’ll find the love you’ve always dreamed of. The right person will bring joy back into your life in a way you thought was gone forever.
I hope these quotes let you see that though you are scared to love again, love is worth giving a second chance. You don’t have to close your heart forever, love can happen at an unexpected place and at an unexpected time.