If you are a female athlete or are training to be one, you need to have the heart of an athlete. High levels of training and devotion are needed to be a great athlete and to win. Sports can be a difficult challenge for women as people do not always treat us as equals. To become a champion, sometimes you have to believe in yourself.
There’s still a lot of pressure on women who play sports to look good and dress nicely while not looking threatening in any way. Male athletes have no problem looking ripped and being intimidating on the court or field. Female athletes have to strike a different balance. But, faced with all this, it still takes some serious motivation to get up early in the morning and go out running when it’s cold outside.
There are a lot of quotes on the internet; however, there aren’t a lot of quotes that apply to female athletes. Below is a compiled list of 100 motivational quotes specifically for female athletes.
I encourage you to read this collection of motivational quotes for female athletes and use them as motivation.
Motivational Quotes for Female Athletes
As a female athlete, you need to be motivated. There will come a time when you have to push harder than you’ve ever pushed before. You’ll have to dig deeper than you ever have before. You’ll move forward, and you’ll overcome, but only when it’s done with passion and fire and when you’re doing everything in your power to succeed.
1. As a female athlete, find strength in numbers, sister. A community of like-minded women dedicated to being the best versions of themselves every single day.
2. As a female athlete, you don’t get fit by working out. You get fit by working in your life.
3. Dear female athlete, never let your fear decide your fate.
4. As a female athlete, sometimes you have to work harder than the boys to prove that you’re just as good.
5. Female athletes are stronger, faster, and more powerful than ever before.
6. As a female athlete, don’t let others define your success, define it yourself.
7. Dear female athletes, the harder you fight, the harder it is to surrender. But once you do, the easier it gets.
8. Dear female athletes, the best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. You are stronger than you think.
9. As a female athlete, be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it.
10. As a female athlete, motivate your mind and body to reach new heights of success.
11. Sports is a metaphor for life. If you train hard, work smart, and don’t give up–you’ll go far.
12. Female athletes, when you’re tired of the race, just stop running and rest for a moment. But remember, the race is made up of moments—enjoy each one of them.
13. As female athletes, we run not because we hate people but because we love people. We run to make allies out of our enemies and so we can eat more doughnuts.
14. As a female athlete, you must not let your fears decide your future. You have to create your destiny.
15. You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.
16. As a female athlete, you have to trust in something—your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach will never let you down, and it will make all the difference in your life.
17. As a female athlete, never let anyone tell you limits.
18. You can’t climb the ladder of success dressed in the clothes of failure. Ready. Set. Goal! You got this, girl.
19. Dear female athlete, go. Get out there. Do it for you. And do it for all of the girls who never got a chance to play sports.
20. Power comes from within. Achieve the level of success you deserve when you believe in yourself, push beyond your limits, and make every athletic effort count.
21. Dear female athlete, dance like no one is watching, run like you are being chased, and do yoga every day.
22. Female athletes are not born. They are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work.
23. As a female athlete, chase your dreams. You don’t have to be good. You just have to outrun everyone else.
24. Grit + sweat + determination = great things.
25. As a female athlete, you have to believe you can do it. You have to see yourself doing it. You have to see yourself getting there.
26. You’re strong. You’re fast. You’re smart. You’re capable of so much more than you give yourself credit for.
27. A healthy female athlete is a happy athlete.
28. Training is just as important as rest. A healthy athlete is a happy athlete.
29. As a female athlete, you can’t win if you’re not healthy.
30. After a race, rest and recovery are equally as important as the training you’ve done up until that point.
31. Train. Recover. Repeat. Success or failure often hinges on the strength and health of your body.
32. Dear female athletes, the real measure of success is not how much you achieve but the amount of enjoyment that’s achieved along the way.
33. Dear female athletes, don’t just get by. Get into the game.
34. Keep going even when the tide is against you. Swimming against the current is exhausting, but you can rest when you reach your destination.
35. As a female athlete, imagine the challenges ahead of you, and then begin to overcome them one by one.
36. Women who play sports know that the pressure to look a certain way can undermine our confidence and deter us from reaching our full potential.
37. No matter what your sport or how old you are, one thing’s for sure: it’s never too late to set a goal and chase it. Chase something today.
38. It’s hard not to feel inspired by the amazing women at the top of their athletics game.
39. Dear female athletes, quiet the voice that says you’re not good enough. We believe in you.
40. As a female athlete, you will see results if you are consistent with your training.
41. Those who make the most progress are those who consciously direct their focus. Focus on winning, female athletes.
42. Dear female athletes, it’s so important to be able to recognize what your body needs before you are in a moment when you can’t reach your full potential.
43. Running is not just about finishing first. It’s about how you got to the finish line and why you started the race in the first place.
44. You aren’t born a champion. You have to be made one. Inspire to greatness with these female athletes from over the world.
45. Faster, higher, stronger—women are redefining the rules of athletics.
46. Dear female athletes, train like you’re on fire. Race like everyone is watching.
47. Set a goal for yourself—whether it’s to win an event, get that personal best, or just give your all.
49. As a female athlete, you have to think positively, keep your head in the game, and just play. You can’t let anything stop you or distract you from your goal.
50. Be the runner that makes people say, “Oh yeah, I forgot about her.”
51. As a female athlete, I run because I have to, I race because I want to, and I win because I have to.
52. Dear female athletes, success is not just about winning. It’s about finding joy in the journey.
53. As female athletes, we are not born to sit idly by. We were born to create, to push our limits, and most importantly, to challenge ourselves.
54. We workout hard, but we also embrace our bodies. We are strong enough not to be limited by our bodies and pretty enough not to be consumed by shame. We use our strength to lift each other. We are female athletes.
55. As a female athlete, even if you lose, keep fighting. What you give is just as important as what you can take in.
56. Don’t let anyone hold you back from the greatness that you know resides within you.
57. They say the field is the truest test of character. That may be true, but it’s also a test of physical endurance—of speed, agility, and powerful strength. Today you face that test. Are you ready?
58. Female athletes are just like you. They dream of going to the big game or being on top of the podium. But they work hard to get there. So don’t give up. Keep up the fight and be your best self every day, on and off the field.
59. Let yourself be inspired by the female athletes who came before us and wrote the book on girl power.
60. We don’t all have to be the same. We don’t all get a trophy or a medal at the end of the day. But everyone can be great in their way.
61. Dear female athletes, training with a buddy is the perfect way to stay on track and be accountable for your goals.
62. Each one of us defines what it means to be strong. Take the time to fuel your mind, body, and soul, so you have the strength to do whatever you set your mind to.
63. The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Acknowledge your power in numbers; grab life by the soccer balls.
64. As female athletes, we are all motivated differently, but we’re all driven by the same things: a challenge, a goal, a dream.
65. Whether you’re on the field or in the gym, a strong woman is fierce.
66. This is why I run: For women! Resilience, determination, and strength. It’s time for us to celebrate these qualities in each other and ourselves. We are worth it.
67. Dear female athletes, you are the embodiment of what it means to be strong and brave. We’re proud of every one of you.
68. As a female athlete, be fierce. Be strong. Be the best version of yourself.
69. Every workout is a chance to set your sights on a new peak. Every race is a chance to see how far you’ve come.
70. The ultimate measure of a female athlete is not where she stands in the moments of comfort and convenience but where she stands at times of challenge and controversy.
71. There is no such thing as failure, just feedback. And the only way to get better is if you’re willing to learn from your mistakes.
72. Dear female athletes, forget about limits. There are no limits. The only thing in your way is you.
73. Dear female athletes, train hard and stay strong.
74. Female athletes, don’t be afraid to fail. It’s okay to try your best and still not come out on top. Take pride in your journey and the process, and you will have no regrets.
75. When you’re younger, your body can bounce back from more. It’s a great time to be an athlete.
76. The younger your body is, the more able it is to bounce back. It’s a great time to be an athlete.
77. As a young female athlete, you need to be able to bounce back from the unexpected. Your body can handle more, and that’s exciting.
78. As a female athlete, your body is at its peak, you are resilient, and you can do anything. It’s the time in your life when you can focus entirely on your athletic endeavours.
79. People say that youth is wasted on the young, but that’s not true for female athletes. As a young person, your body can do so much more than it ever will be again.
80. As you age, bouncing back from injury takes longer. Focus on prevention so you can stay active for the long haul.
81. It’s not just about improving when you’re young. It’s about learning how to rebound from injuries. When you have your whole life ahead of you, it’s easy to decide to end your athletic career and try something else.
82. You work hard, train harder, and live to be the best. You need a sports drink that can keep up with your demands.
83. As a female athlete, your body’s capacity to recover is essential for success. This can be the difference between winning or losing in a competition.
84. You can play hard, train hard, but don’t overtrain. Overtraining and under-resting is a nasty cycle that no athlete wants to be in. If you’re feeling overtrained, lighten up your training load, and sleep more!
85. Dear female athletes, you are strong, you are powerful, and you are beautiful. You are enough.
86. Remember the girl you were yesterday, running barefoot through sprinklers. You can do anything today.
87. Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
88. Dear female athletes, there’s no magic. There’s hard work. And the magic comes out of that.
89. As a female athlete, I’m super competitive. I drive myself to be the best. And sometimes frustration sets in, but that’s okay. I just have to fight through it and try to be perfect every time.
90. You have to push through the pain—both physical and emotional. You have to dig deep. But then you get to the best part—the gold; your finish line.
91. When you’re trying to grow and develop as a female athlete, you always have to be willing to learn.
92. Train hard, train strong. Work hard, play hard.
93. You are strong, you are smart, and you are powerful beyond measure.
94. Dear female athletes, don’t play it safe. Take risks, make mistakes, and get messy because that’s the only way you’ll discover what you’re truly capable of.
95. If you’re feeling lost, keep moving. Don’t stop until you’ve found the answers that you’re looking for.
96. Dare to be different. Dare to be brave. Dare to find your voice. Dare to have a vision and realize it, knowing no one can take it from you.
97. Dear female athletes, achievement doesn’t just happen. You have to work hard for it.
98. Be inspired by others when they encourage you and be more encouraging of others when they need it.
99. If you only do what you can do, you will never be better than you are today. But if you keep doing what you can do, and work at it harder every day, someday you will be able to do all that you wanted to.
100. Whether you’re new to the gym or you work out regularly, exercise does amazing things for your mood and confidence.
I hope you find the collection of motivational quotes for female athletes I have here interesting and helpful. Please feel free to leave your comments and endeavour to share them with your family and friends.