A lot of people are unhappy with their lives and are on the verge of losing hope. What they don’t realize is that it’s not about changing your situation, but rather changing your state of mind.
Sometimes, we’re just so focused on others that we forget about our fulfilment. Sometimes, we need to take time and make plans for ourselves. We need to shut down and stop doing things for others.
No one can take away your joy, no one can make you feel unworthy, no one can belittle you, and no one can rob you of happiness. They may be able to make your life difficult, but they cannot make you feel bad without your permission.
Many people think they need to be defined by their careers. Their job is their identity. If a career change crosses their mind, they freak out because they don’t know who they are without the title or the paycheque.
Throughout life, we are constantly living in a society that imposes its rules on us. Whether it is the dress code or the norms set by society, everything is decided for us. However, some people choose to break these rules to live life on their terms. When you do this, you can make your own decisions for yourself and be completely free from societal pressure.
When we think about living life on our terms, it often leads us to consider the decisions we are making and how we can operate in better alignment with our true selves. Hence the following live life on your terms quotes to inspire yourself and the people around you.
Live Your Life on Your Own Terms Quotes
Stop worrying about what everyone thinks of you and start being whom you are meant to be. Not everyone will like it and that’s okay! You can’t change yourself for everybody, but you can change yourself for the better! Live your life on your terms.
1. Live your life on your terms. Life is too short to stress over things that don’t matter in the end. The best thing in life will come when you stop looking for them. And all of your dreams are possible if you just believe in yourself!
2. Live life on your terms. Don’t let other people’s opinions of you get to you.
3. Don’t let the fears in your mind prevent you from pursuing the things that make you happy. Live your life on your terms.
4. Live your life on your terms. It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
5. Live your life on your own terms. I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.
6. Make time for what you really want to do, because dreams don’t happen by accident. Don’t let others dictate how to live your life because the art of living is creating your own path.
7. Listen to others when they share their thoughts, but don’t forget to listen to your own voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
8. Live your life on your own terms. The fact that you are moving forward means you are successful even if it appears slow.
9. Live your life on your own terms. The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.
10. Live your life on your own terms. You should not focus on the time you have left, but on the amount of life you have already lived.
11. It’s better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life. Live your life on your own terms.
12. Live your life on your own terms. Nobody is born a success but many achieve success because they started.
13. It’s important to care about the world around us and make an effort to leave it better off than we found it. Live your life on your own terms.
14. Live your life on your own terms. If you can imagine it, and convince yourself that it’s possible, you can achieve it.
15. Live life on your terms, not the terms you think you’re supposed to live by.
16. No one knows your journey. No one knows your struggle. You do. So live life on your own terms.
17. Live life on your own terms and never allow anyone to dictate how you should live it.
18. Live life on your own terms, for you only get one time to live it.
19. Live life on your own terms. Life is too short to spend a moment with someone who makes you feel anything less than extraordinary.
20. Don’t let other people’s opinions of you become your reality.
21. You cannot please everyone in this lifetime so just make sure that you are living life on your own terms and be happy about it.
22. Stop pleasing others and make yourself happy first. Live life on YOUR own terms!
23. Don’t waste time trying to explain yourself to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.
24. Live your life on your terms because, at the end of the day, it is you who has to face the consequences of your actions.
25. Life is like an empty book. You write every single page yourself. Live life on your own terms.
26. You have no responsibility to live up to my expectations, and I have no responsibility to live up to yours. Live life on your own terms.
27. It is often a greater achievement to live an authentic life that falls short of perfection than to live a perfect imitation of somebody else’s life.
28. A life lived without regrets is a life lived wisely. Love the people who love you and forgive those who don’t. The Universe puts us in the right place at the right time for a reason.
29. Don’t be a product of your environment; let your environment be a product of you.
30. Live a life where you are the author of your own story. Do what you want. Live for yourself and do not answer anyone.
31. Fight for what you deserve and never settle for less than what you deserve. Live life on your own terms
32. Never give up on your dreams, always have hope and follow your heart. Live life on your terms.
33. If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.
34. Live life on your own terms. People who are worth your time will always find a way to stay in your life.
35. Live life on your own terms, not for anyone else’s. Go where you feel most alive.
36. Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated. If they can’t see the real value in you, it’s time for a new start.
37. Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.
38. Live life on your own terms. You have the opportunity to live this life because you are strong enough to live it.
39. Live life on your own terms. Inhale confidence…Exhale doubt.
40. Live life on your own terms and live it with a smile; that’s what matters.
Quotes on Living Life on Your Own Terms
Live life on your own terms. People may not recognize your virtues. If you do not design a life plan for yourself, others will make one for you, and it probably won’t include much that you find rewarding.
41. Don’t change so people will like you. Don’t change who you are to satisfy other people. Be genuine and let the right people love the real you.
42. You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul.
43. Live life on your own terms. You don’t need to have a certain number of friends; you simply need to be sure about the people you call “friends.”
44. Live life on your own terms. All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them, even when others aren’t supportive.
45. We are all capable of having a better life than we have now. We all deserve to live life on our terms. We all deserve to be happy.
46. Learn how to live life on your own terms and make every day count by eliminating these five toxic habits from your daily routine.
47. Don’t be afraid of losing others, just because you’re trying to please them. In fact, it’s important that you stay true to yourself and your own needs.
48. Stop giving people the power to control your smile, your worth and your attitude. Only you can do that.
49. If you want to live a happy life, you should try to tie it to a worthwhile goal and not connect it to people or things that could leave or disappear.
50. Live life on your own terms. It can be disappointing to fail, but it can be destructive never to try.
51. Live life on your own terms. Don’t let anyone ever dull your sparkle!
52. It is important to live life according to your own wants, not the wants of those around you.
53. Don’t let people put you down. You have to decide that you are going to go through this life on your own terms, and if that means tearing down walls, then start destroying.
54. You don’t have to live your life the way other people expect you to. Live life on your own terms.
55. Don’t let the opinions of others consume you. Make your own path and live your life on your terms.
56. Living on your terms means making choices with full awareness of the consequences, not being influenced by anyone else’s expectations.
57. You can do anything in life you want to if you stay focused, work hard and never give up on your dreams.
58. Pursue the things you love doing and give them everything you’ve got. Don’t be afraid to turn yourself into an object of curiosity…if that’s what it takes to master your field.
59. Live life on your own terms. You cannot change the world alone, but you can create a small change that can ripple out and affect many people.
60. If you never try to get what you want, you’ll never get it. If you don’t ask, the answer will always be no. If you never step forward, you’ll always be in the same place.
61. No one can make you feel inferior unless you let them. Be the master of your life. Live life on your own terms.
62. Live life on your own terms. When you allow yourself to be pulled down, you deny yourself the chance to succeed.
63. You are responsible for your own happiness. If you expect others to make you happy, chances are you will always end up disappointed.
64. If people care about you, they will make an obvious effort to stay close to you. Think twice before making room in your heart for people who don’t make a similar effort.
65. Live life on your terms, don’t let other people dictate your happiness.
66. Be your own hero. Live life on your terms. Live life on your terms.
67. Live life on your terms and make no apologies for who you are.
68. Live life according to what matters to you. Live life on your terms.
69. Your time is now. Live life on your own terms and never settle for less than what you deserve.
70. Live life on your terms. Don’t let anyone control how you feel or how you should live your life.
There’s a lot of pressure to live life on other people’s terms. To try and fit in with the rest of society so you don’t get left behind. As the old saying goes, “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
With the several quotes about living your life on your own terms quotes here, you have more than enough to inspire yourself or someone to be themselves and stop dying to please people who are not worth it.
You can copy the quotes and send them to someone or share the link with them. Thanks.